• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why was a FOR SALE Hemi Valve Covers thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
I created a for sale thread, Hemi Valve Covers
It was closed due to lack of activity, Last activity was February 5th
Gee, it's a For Sale thread.
Is this the New Norm?
Perhaps I should have "Bumped" the thread?
As I am a Gold Member since 2010 ...but did not think it was necessary.
Just need an explanation please?

When was the last actively on the thread? Usually they close in 30 days.

I am sure it was an automated process @super-bee_ski :thumbsup:

It pays to 'bump' your adverts with either additional info or price confirmations - within the rules of course (GOLD Members) :thumbsup:

Method & Frequency are your friends here. :thumbsup:

We are reasonable people, but when some people take the proverbial p1ss frequently.... :rolleyes:

piece of piss.jpg

Man I wish. Last month I missed bumping my 30 some ads by 1 day and now I have to redo all of them. 5 mins. turned into 2 hours.

Yes, I certainly understand.
The issue I presented was (is) :
Like selling a home, it could stay on the market for 180 days or go in 3 days.
Another words, just because I sell a set of 1969 Hemi Valve Covers, someone may not be looking for a set for days, weeks or months.
But, it is the requirement and I am thankful now for our MODs Toolmanmike & Kiwi AND the Big Cheese...Joey for explaining this to me (us)
It makes sense when one looks deeper into the issue.

:thankyou:

:thumbsup:

Man I wish. Last month I missed bumping my 30 some ads by 1 day and now I have to redo all of them. 5 mins. turned into 2 hours.

That's where the cut & paste feature becomes your friend, didn't you know that??

That's where the cut & paste feature becomes your friend, didn't you know that??
Yes I do a lot of copy and paste. My spelling sucks and my typing is a joke. I'll copy and paste the words but then have to re-upload the pics. Over 30 threads takes a while.
Otherwise I just copy and paste "bump" and I could do all my threads in about 5 min.
Joey I need an easy button, pretty please??????:lowdown:

Yes I do a lot of copy and paste. My spelling sucks and my typing is a joke. I'll copy and paste the words but then have to re-upload the pics. Over 30 threads takes a while.
Otherwise I just copy and paste "bump" and I could do all my threads in about 5 min.
Joey I need an easy button, pretty please??????:lowdown:
Do what I do sometimes, and open an identical second browser with the same page - it's as easy as COPY & PASTE with the text AND the pictures.

upload_2021-3-12_11-32-28.png

Just an opinion from the cheap seats here, but considering that building any project takes weeks, months or many many years combined with everyone having a busy schedule (and a slow economy), I wouldn't object to the cutoff being extended.

Do what I do sometimes, and open an identical second browser with the same page - it's as easy as COPY & PASTE with the text AND the pictures.

View attachment 1082146
That is what I do. Can I just copy and paste the pictures too? I didn't think I could.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back