• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a 71/72 Charger Grille and Bumper Work in a 72 Coronet Station Wagon?

You should probably start a new thread.

Plymouth parts should also interchange.

A lot works all the way to 78-ish, when the body style changed.

Some 2 door stuff interchanges (like the dash) but not everything.

New here. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I just inherited a 72 Coronet sedan. I'd like to figure out what size motor it has and if I can get interior trim from another car? I'm not seeing a lot of options for 72 coronet dashes or pillar molding. Are there other models I could swap with?

In terms of interior they are pretty much the same from 71-73, and probably 74. The front structure changed in 73 to the iso-k system so mechanical parts may be different. The Coronet uses the same dash as the Charger or Satellite coupe. Front are rear windshields are sedan only, and the a-pillar trims are sedan only. It figures, I just threw out a pair. Some wagon door panels may be the same. Many 71-73/4 Satellite sedan interior parts should interchange but I think the chassis is 2" shorter than the Dodge?

If the motor is original to the car, the VIN will tell you what size it is. Small blocks have the distributor in the rear, on big blocks it is up front and at an angle. Post some pics and we can tell you more.

If the motor is original to the car, the VIN will tell you what size it is. Small blocks have the distributor in the rear, on big blocks it is up front and at an angle. Post some pics and we can tell you more.
The distributor is in the back . Thanks I’ll send some pics tomorrow.

The distributor is in the back. I believe it is all original.

B93BFCC7-7DE7-4048-83AB-BC84F00F7989.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back