• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a 72 b body k member work

71-3 uses the same K as the E-body. And yes the box angle changes which makes it a necessity to use the steering center link from whatever the K is from. Not sure if it makes it an issue for hooking the column to the box. Possibly can be adjusted out where the column goes through the firewall? That was one of the reasons I used the 70 unit.

71-72 same
Solid Mount to frame

73-74 rubber mounted to frame different frame

I'll update my internal hard drive on the cutoff for the b applications. Forgot they did the biscuits starting in 73.

Here's what I did in my '64 as if anyone asked... haha

I used a 1970 K member for two reasons. Improved idler arm setup, and improved sway bar setup. Since the '70 K member moves the engine back (and causes a mountain of problems) I cut the perches off, then put the member in the car. I bolted the perches to the motor mounts and installed the engine with the mounts and perches attached. This put the motor in the stock location on top of the K member. I tack welded the perches in place, pulled the motor back out, then welded them back onto the K member.

IMG_0222.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back