• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will This Endcap Still Work With New Type of Seal?

boboh1

Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Got the rear main seal end cap out. Had rope seal in there. The valley where the seal sits seems a bit large. Will my new seal work? Is this an aftermarket end cap? Finally what is the best way to remove the upper rope seal still up inside the block?

IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_2771.jpeg

IMG_2772.jpeg

It is not aftermarket and correct and will work.

Got the rear main seal end cap out. Had rope seal in there. The valley where the seal sits seems a bit large. Will my new seal work? Is this an aftermarket end cap? Finally what is the best way to remove the upper rope seal still up inside the block?

View attachment 1593800

View attachment 1593801

View attachment 1593802
If I recall there was a cork screw type tool my buddy and I used to screw into the rope and pull out. Others might chime in with methods. Good luck brother

Use a short section of 3/16"-1/4" wooden dowel and tap the rope seal carefully up until it starts to rotate out of the block. At that point grab it with needle nose pliers and carefully pull it the rest of the way.

Excellent. Thanks everyone. I was going to start tapping it with a screw driver but the wooden dowel trick seems pretty good.

Auto Transport Service
Back