• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will trade for Superbird or charger or any b-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

3sloppydogs

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
so I have this old gravely ill never use again. If any body around Central md wants it. You can give me your b-body if you like and i will take it in trade.:D
The gravely has the snow thrower which is serious, that thing would throw shoes, gloves, dead animals 50 feet. It also has a push blade, sickle mower and brush mower. As a bonus I have the manuals and parts list.
It hasn't run in years though, but when it did it was something.
Now mind you there are no safety devices on these old gravely
So its free if you want it, I can help with delivery if it is fairly local

20210711_161915.jpg 20210711_161909.jpg 20210711_161905.jpg 20210711_161859.jpg 20210711_161853.jpg 20210711_161844.jpg 20210711_161835.jpg

I see the mower , my dad had one similar. Had a 1 bottom plow and disc attachment,
V blade for snow and reel mower.
That's cool , you should restore it.

I thought about restoring it, but not very long.
I have 3 old restored Deere tractors and some antique farm equipment, I really don't have much interest in this.

I haven't seen another in years. I have one and also have not used it in years, but I do have the ride behind seat, mower, plow, disc, and post hole digger. Is there a realistic price on yours and attachments?

I have no idea what the value is.
I had the sulky for it but I got tired of it crushing my nuts. The last time it happened I got so mad I through right in the dump.
If you have run one of those with a sulky you know about that. Plus while its trying to crush your jewels since there are no safeties it just keeps crushing

The only times I used it with the seat was on smooth golf club type ruff. In ruff terrain as a brush cutter, I always walked behind it. They are just about indestructible and will run forever, but as you say no safety devices and will easily hurt you or others.

Dad loved those old Gravelys, had 3 of them at one time, 2 Ls and an L I. A bunch of attachments.
What Deere’s do you have? Any pictures?

I had 2 of them about 5 years ago. 1 ran and was fully functional, the other was just pretty yard art. I got $750 for the pair.

My dad had one of those with the "chariot" attachment you stood in and drove from behind in...
damn thing was a menace, especially on these hills and ridges and slopes.
After about the third or fourth time the thing threw him like a mule, I finally talked him into
selling it to a "collector". :)

the old man had a Gravely, it was old when I was a kid.......cool as ****

the old man had a Gravely, it was old when I was a kid.......cool as ****
The great-grandpa of the DR mower! :)
Seriously, though - the bush hog on the back of my tractor is a thousand times safer.

Didnt they use something like that in the movie Fargo? Body parts shot out everywhere?

the stupid in me wants to come pick it up, but I'm not letting him talk me in to it this time

Dad loved those old Gravelys, had 3 of them at one time, 2 Ls and an L I. A bunch of attachments.
What Deere’s do you have? Any pictures?
I have a 38 unstyled hand start model A and a 49 electric start model A.
The other is an 830 diesel which is apart now for a rebuild. The trans was noisy and I found the lube pump was never maintained. It has straw around the screen so it didn't lube properly. I have to find a new main shaft and some gears. But boy when it runs it is a powerful piece.
These are all two cylinder tractors
There is also a pic of a horse drawn John Deere Van Brunt drill it has wooden spoke wheels

20210714_164312.jpg 20210714_164255.jpg 20210714_164246.jpg 20210714_164237.jpg 20210714_164124.jpg 20210714_164157.jpg

I have a 38 unstyled hand start model A and a 49 electric start model A.
The other is an 830 diesel which is apart now for a rebuild. The trans was noisy and I found the lube pump was never maintained. It has straw around the screen so it didn't lube properly. I have to find a new main shaft and some gears. But boy when it runs it is a powerful piece.
These are all two cylinder tractors
There is also a pic of a horse drawn John Deere Van Brunt drill it has wooden spoke wheels

View attachment 1138754 View attachment 1138755 View attachment 1138756 View attachment 1138757 View attachment 1138758 View attachment 1138759
Are you a member of Two-Cylinder? www.two-cylinder.com

so I have this old gravely ill never use again. If any body around Central md wants it. You can give me your b-body if you like and i will take it in trade.:D
The gravely has the snow thrower which is serious, that thing would throw shoes, gloves, dead animals 50 feet. It also has a push blade, sickle mower and brush mower. As a bonus I have the manuals and parts list.
It hasn't run in years though, but when it did it was something.
Now mind you there are no safety devices on these old gravely
So its free if you want it, I can help with delivery if it is fairly local

View attachment 1138282 View attachment 1138283 View attachment 1138285 View attachment 1138287 View attachment 1138289 View attachment 1138292 View attachment 1138293
Oh man....if I was closer....... :lol:

I've had an 84 model Gravely B series 16 horse garden tractor since 88. Paid 3300 for it and it's been pretty much trouble free except for rebuilding the jack shafts and installing a PTO clutch. Just about EVERYTHING had to be removed from the gear box to get to it! Dual range forward and reverse 4 speed gear box lol Thought I'd never get that dang thing back together. Sure need to get a softer riding seat now that I'm in the middle of the 4th quarter.....or run the rear tires lower on air.

Hey eldubb440
If you were closer I would but NJ is to far for a gimme.

Unless you give me your b-body...:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back