• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wilwood help

SIC69

Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello all. New here , My name is Henry and i recently purchased a 69 RR. 383 4 sp from a body shop owner. I decided to build a resto mod and currently am installing the rear Wilwood disc brake conversion. I am looking to get feedback on if anyone else has run into the issue of clearance ? I am off with the centering of the rear brake caliper to the mounting flange. The caliper is suppose to sit even on both sides of the rotor. I am off from the outside in about 1/10th ". Meaning the side of the caliper closest to the outside of the vehicle is too close to the rotor. The rotor assembly has to go in about that much. New Green bearings installed as well and the flange nuts are torqued to 35 ft lbs . the rotor is sitting flush as i can to the axle flange. Any help is appreciated . I am trying to find as solution without having to machine the caliper down.

You can use the welcome Wagon to introduce yourself and show us what you drive. If you have specific questions. feel free to start a thread in the specific forum for your question.

Welcome from Missouri!!

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking
But;
I assume you need to shim (probably) or mod. the mounting location
of the calipers, one direction or another

really need to post your questions in the 'Brakes' specific forum
or 'General discussion' forum maybe
not as many viewers here, GOOD LUCK

Welcome! Didn't get the instructions with the kit?
You would start machining things if there was a world wide washer shortage.

those kits come with vary thin spacers? We’re they used?

Yes are you using the shim washers? Sounds like you need to shim the caliper out a bit with the shim washers.

Auto Transport Service
Back