• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

window crank.....

FLARunner

Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
I Recently purchased my dream car, a restored 1968 Plymouth Road Runner. 440, 4 speed. I've wanted this car since high school, so....40 years later, I have it......lol.
Last weekend, I was rolling up the passenger side window, when I heard something drop inside the door. The window didnt drop, thank God. Now the window crank wont move. I ordered a 68 Plymouth service manual, hopefully that will detail the fix. In the meantime, can anyone tell me if this is going to be a fairly quick fix, or an all-day excursion?

Thanks for having me!

RR2.jpg

RR7.jpg

RR6.jpg

Hi there FLArunner! Great looking car, and interesting addition of the road runner bird on the rear quarter panel. :)
While waiting for your shop manual (you could download it while waiting for yours to arrive Service Manuals – MyMopar ) I'd suggest simply removing the door handles and panel to take a look inside the door to find out what has happened.

Welcome to the forum! There is a 'welcome' area if you'd like to make a formal introduction...

Should be pretty easy to diagnose when you remove the door panel. Maybe one of the window rivets let go, maybe. I'm no expert, but i did stay at a holiday inn express :)

You cant get in a hurry with these cars. You will need to take the door panel off which takes a trim removal tool, then you can analyze what the problem is inside the door. You will then need to remove the crank assembly and see if it is stripped or working correctly. You will probably need to order parts. When you get the parts, you will need to re assemble it , at least one time, maybe more... If you get in a hurry and mess up the door panel or anything else it will only take longer and cost more.
So I would say that it is possibly a multiple day/week project. Maybe less, if everything goes well.
Nice looking '68, by the way. We would like to see more pictures of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back