Window felt guide #2932230

Exterior Body, Paint, Trim, Chrome

1. WesleyK

WesleyK Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    Hey guys I've been looking for a set of the window felts for my 68 Bee that attach the front of the glass and slide up the back side of the vent window. The part number is 2932230 and they used to be readily available but have now been discontinued. DMT has replacement but says it doesn't have the contour the factory ones have and he told me nobody is making direct replacements. Has anyone used the newer ones that are straight and if so how do they fit? I can't imagine them not jamming up. Also if anyone has any info on a factory set let me know. Thanks

2. dadsbee

dadsbee FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:59 PM
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • 69bfan

69bfan FBBO Vendor FBBO Sponsor

Local Time:
      8:59 PM
      If your running reproduction glass, it has a tendency to be a bit thicker and wavier than the OEM glass and will then lead to more issues with the use of the reproduction glass slides. Thus you will need to slightly trim the "wings" back to assist in the installation of the glass runs. Do not trim back to much as the "H" pins need to be covered so that the seals actually is able to seal the channel and not bind up. The glass runs will also have to be trimmed to the proper length as well. Even the factory issued ones had to be trimmed to the proper length.

If you still have your originals, reuse the the factory "H" pins. They are slightly smaller and will work much better.

Be careful in purchasing the seals as I have seen some Ebay vendors selling the reproductions as the original pieces. The original pieces if found will cost you around $500 per pair.

The reproductions will work fine. They are very fragile and easily torn, but even the originals will tear if you allow them to bind up.

As for as multiple manufactures of the piece, all of the vendors purchase from the same business. The runs can be easily deformed even in storage, so purchase from a vendor who moves volume and will ship them properly.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • WesleyK

WesleyK Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        7:59 PM
        I searched before i posted but didn't come up with anything helpful, sorry. I try not to post stuff that has been discussed over and over. Thanks for the link though that's what i needed to know. I am running my factory glass and still have the original clips so I should be good to go. Im going to order from DMT as I have been and hopefully I'll have the door glass in soon! Thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.