• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window trim help

nelsontoddpa

Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the trim is attached to the door windows ( 1967 Coronet; Picture attached) It doesn't seem to be just friction, but I can't tell if there is any old adhesive either. Any assistance would be appreciated

Todd

Coronet window.jpg

There is a rubber channel that fits into the stainless trim and that is what hold that piece to the glass.

Thanks so much! any thoughts on who may sell that? Although I wasn't looking for channel rubber specifically, I've checked the usual places- Classic, Herbs, Jim's, looking for anything related to side window trim and didn't see anything.

Thanks again-
Todd

Try justmopar.com they are a vendor on the forum--------------->!

The rubber used for that trim piece is called "Glass Setting Tape". It is also used in the bottom chrome trim piece for the vent wing windows too....

GZ-R031 Various Yrs Sealstrip All Rubber Glass Setting Tape - 1-1/2" width x 1/32" thick $ 1.85 ft.
GZ-R047 Various Yrs Sealstrip All Rubber Glass Setting Tape - 1-1/2" width x 3/64" thick $ .85 ft.
GZ-R062 Various Yrs Sealstrip All Rubber Glass Setting Tape - 1-1/2" width x 1/16" thick $ 1 .90 ft.
GZ-R093 Various Yrs Sealstrip All Rubber Glass Setting Tape - 1-1/2" width x 3/32" thick $ .90 ft.

There it is!!! I couldn't remember the exact name for it. Thanks Rick!!

Auto Transport Service
Back