• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield price?

hofferwood

Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
'66 Satellite, 2dr, hardtop.
I just got a quote from a kinda local ( 20 mi. away) family owned glass shop for $350.00 + tax (just for the glass). He doesn't have it in stock, but his supplier has one. I forgot to ask if it was shaded, but I don't care, none of the other glass is tinted.
Whatcha think?
I know their reputable, I worked for them for a bit back in '73.:rolleyes:

Thanks
Chuck

Sounds reasonable. Get one with a tint band on top at least.

Reasonable. If you’re near a city, you might find it from one of the places that comes out to your car and replaces it in-site

Yep thats the going price, I bought 1 from AMD and they killed me in shipping. Good luck

If your glass is original, you may need to purchase a new gasket. They don't come out easily. The last I got were less than 100 bucks. Then again the glass shop I used charged me $225 for the glass including installation.

If your glass is original, you may need to purchase a new gasket. They don't come out easily. The last I got were less than 100 bucks. Then again the glass shop I used charged me $225 for the glass including installation.
Yea, it's original and fogged about 3 in. all the way around, we used to call that "de lamination".
Got the new seal, gasket WCR D671 B - Precision brand, from Summit $106.99 + a 2.49 water pump gasket (that I didn't need----yet) to get free shipping.
I also picked up the last tube of 3M 08509 that I could find in S.E. Mich. from Napa $33.49 total.

I paid $400 for a new windshield and gasket for my road runner five years ago (before inflation). I'd say hurry up and get it before he changes his mind.

The other option, if you’re going to Nationals in Carlisle, is to purchase from one of the vendors and they will deliver it to Carlisle free. I think Kramer does that IIRC.

Yea, it's original and fogged about 3 in. all the way around, we used to call that "de lamination".
Got the new seal, gasket WCR D671 B - Precision brand, from Summit $106.99 + a 2.49 water pump gasket (that I didn't need----yet) to get free shipping.
I also picked up the last tube of 3M 08509 that I could find in S.E. Mich. from Napa $33.49 total.

Got any idea if one tube of that stuff is enough for 1 windshield? Hard to find stuff and i want to grab enough if i can locate some.

You need less than a 1/4 tube to install a windshield beyond OE specs...
I might have posted before. AMD gave me the thickness of their W/S. It is thicker than the PPG W/S. Should seal easier. I purchased a Precision Gasket. Still have to install it.
Looks like this might be one place where we have a little better pricing on things.

Good price, fair price for window, gasket and installation. I paid about that much last year.

Sounds like a good deal. Close to the shipping cost from AMD

Auto Transport Service
Back