• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wing vent windows "flap like wings"

Rockett

Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Love the front "wing windows" on these old MOPARS, but mine won't stay open when driving at speed. I see in the FSM there are adjustments for up & down, fore & aft (apparently just for proper install), ....but is there any way to *tighten* the pivot hinges at the bottom center frame or the upper pivot point that's attached to the glass?

Or does anyone have any "tricks" they've used to add friction to those pivot points?

Without A/C in Texas, I *need* that airflow directed towards me (plus they look so cool when opened). I'm presently using small Velcro straps to hold them open ... ugh. Gotta be a better way!

Yep, but gonna be a bitch trying to tighten the screw in place. Maybe a bit and a 1/4" wrench, but I have my doubts you can do it without pulling the vent window/door glass assembly.
beerestoration2019 2744.JPG

That is of course.. out of the car. Other option... drop some sand into the pivot point through the rubber seal! :)

Yep, but gonna be a bitch trying to tighten the screw in place. Maybe a bit and a 1/4" wrench, but I have my doubts you can do it without pulling the vent window/door glass assembly.
View attachment 832491

Ah, so that looks like the bottom pivot point.
But you've photographed that removed from the door?
So, *maybe* I can access that after removing my door panels (specifically, the uppermost metal panel at the top of the door inside)?

The metal upper panel is part of the door, if your removing it you’ll be using a cutting tool

The metal upper panel is part of the door, if your removing it you’ll be using a cutting tool
Oh, I thought that the upper metal section would be held on with screws under the upholstered door panel (the cardboard section). At least, that's the way it is on some cars.

Oh, I thought that the upper metal section would be held on with screws under the upholstered door panel (the cardboard section). At least, that's the way it is on some cars.
Nope. It's part of the door shell.

Auto Transport Service
Back