• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper blades stop in any position

maddart

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
I believe the wiper motor is suppose to finish a cycle and shut down when the blades are at the bottom travel. The wipers on the 3-speed motor will stop in any position immediately upon turing the switch off.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a fix?
Thanks
Mark

My wipers will stop near the bottom if I turn them off before they dock

On the motor there is a switch that uses a cam to keep the motor running after you turn off your ignition switch. You can carefully remove the cover and inspect whats going on with the cam and the contacts. It could also be one of the hot wires going to the motor switch that has lost voltage for some reason.

I had the same issue and I had to replace two of the connections on my wiring harness that connect on the firewall.

I might be able to set you up with a new NOS 3spd if this deal go's threw :) If your into that pm me.I found a truck load of em.

Lift the switch plate and turn it over and make sure that your copper points are not burned and thus not breaking for the park position. Those sometimes get corroded and will not break contact for the park position. The copper tang should be on top of the copper flat with enough tension to "strum" it and it should come to rest in the same position after several strums if it has correct tension. Put the switch plate back on, making sure you put the timing tang in the correct position for your B body and then test it again. Hopefully you'll have your park corrected ;o) If that little explanation is clear as mud contact me and I'll try to walk you through it while you have it in your hand LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back