• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper linkage removal

Cory M

Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
In swapping out my wiper motor, it seems like my wiper linkage is seized. How can I easily remove the linkage to try and repair this? Any help or advice is appreciated.

It is more than likely the pivots that have siezed. Like was mentioned in 4, remove the cluster and maybe the ash tray and you should be able to get them out. Soak the pivots in PB Blaster or some sort of penetrant for a spell. Once you get them loosened up, drill a hole in the housing and add a grease zirk. Once you get them greased, you will never need to do it again.

It is more than likely the pivots that have siezed. Like was mentioned in 4, remove the cluster and maybe the ash tray and you should be able to get them out. Soak the pivots in PB Blaster or some sort of penetrant for a spell. Once you get them loosened up, drill a hole in the housing and add a grease zirk. Once you get them greased, you will never need to do it again.
Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back