• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiper motor resto

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
completed the wiper motor for my bee. complete disassembly and cleaned and refinished it, reassembled and tested it and now it's installed

3 speed wiper motor.jpg

that is a great looking piece,great job,looks as good as some of these resto places work.

Beekeeper, it looks like you could be doing some restoration as a side job. Nice work on the motor as well as the dash.

Do you mind telling us how you applied the gold finish? I've seen some spray can gold iridite/ zinc but have never used it. That job looks factory fresh,nice!

For the motor housing I first bead blasted it then polished it up with some scotch brite roloc discs and used the duplicolor yellow anodize finish. it's a transparent color it's really close.

Sweet job! Looks like it was professionally done. Looks like a 3 speed motor which costs quite a bit to have done for you. Nice job bee!

Nice job bee I will have to do mine in the near future what did you do for the red thanks

The red is glyptol insulating varnish. I also reworked the stator windings and used the glyptol on them also. For the winding leads I used white braided fiberglass sleeving and dyed it to the colors needed.

when you redone the cylinder with yellow, did you just clean, polish and spray it?

when you redone the cylinder with yellow, did you just clean, polish and spray it?

I bead blasted it then polished it with scotch brite
Roloc discs then sprayed it.

You wanna do mine ?!?! Awesome job, I wish you had a photo journal of every step. I want to do the same to mine. You have some serious skills.

Crahill, this winter I will have a little spare time I would do your motor if you wish.

do you know where i can get the hardware for the wiper motor , and bushings? p.s.looks great

Auto Transport Service
Back