• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Pivots Grease fitting

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of a grease fitting installed on the wiper pivots. Thinking of doing this to the pivots I purchased from Mopar John before installing. I need to know where to drill, size, etc etc.

TIA

I have pics somewhere in a couple of my build threads, but it would take forever to find them. I just marked a spot on them when they were still bolted in the car that didn't interfere with anything and would allow me to get a grease gun in there if I ever wanted to in the future.

I have pics somewhere in a couple of my build threads, but it would take forever to find them. I just marked a spot on them when they were still bolted in the car that didn't interfere with anything and would allow me to get a grease gun in there if I ever wanted to in the future.
Is there a danger of drilling too deep and getting into the shaft, did you drill half way between the flange and the pivot end, etc?
thanks

Is there a danger of drilling too deep and getting into the shaft, did you drill half way between the flange and the pivot end, etc?
thanks
Yes, you need to be careful to not go to deep. With a standard drill bit, you will nick the inner shaft by the time you get through the outer. If I remember correctly, I went just far enough so the point of the bit was through and then cleaned up the rest with a Drehmel tool.

You will want to make sure they are located where you can access them once installed. I doubt you will ever need to grease them again. The part that sucked for me was the grommet seal through the cowl. I ripped 3.
I did make mine look new, with new hardware (nuts and clips) also cleaned and painting the linkage natural metal color.
I might have photos.

Someone elses post

Mine, a tap would had made them go in easier.

EA4D3B07-7BDF-45BB-8394-78C9CA0BE507.jpeg

4C3740F3-40AA-49B8-A926-1FCD5A44E920.jpeg

8AD4EDAF-65FF-44B8-8257-F30F26C3AADB.jpeg

I drilled mine and installed a grease zerk as mine were pretty dry as well. If you are careful, you should have no trouble hurting the inner shaft since it is steel and the housing is aluminum. You will feel it when it hits the shaft. When I drilled the hole, I gave it a dose of WD-40 to free up the shaft. Then greased it afterward. Here is a pic of one in my 68 Charger. I don't think it matters much where you add it since I doubt you will ever need to grease it again.

100_7159.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back