• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW 1970 Road runner burnt

markymopar

Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
I have a chance of buying this 1970 road runner. True road runner coupe with all numbers present. Supposed to be numbers matching but from what I can tell engine doesn't match vin but is an h.p. engine and still runs. Not sure on trans. Well optioned with air grabber hood that is not hurt. No air cleaner. Disc brakes. 3.55 sure grip rear. Bad news is it was burnt while burning weeds. All interior is burnt. No glass. All body is bad except hood. Fenders are rough but fixable. Floors are solid other than under rear seat. Trunk floor is totally gone. Frame rails and structure are nice.
I am trying to figure a value on what it's worth. It has some good value in hood, sure grip and disc brakes. I have about everything to build it. Thanks

Screenshot_20200603-191855.png

Screenshot_20200603-191757.png

20221207_155505.jpg

20221211_125113.jpg

20221211_125943.jpg

20221211_125042.jpg

20221211_125417.jpg

20221211_125315.jpg

20221211_130404.jpg

20221211_130201.jpg

I really don't know if I could be bothered with a fire rescue. I've worked in houses after fires, and it is not much fun.

You go home stinking of heavy smoke for days....all your clothes are ruined, and your skinned is black for days. I'm sure the right car will come along that doesn't need as much clean-up before you can actually tackle a rebuild.....to me, that one is a bridge too far.

$3500. Was an unusual optioned car when new. Has some good pieces on it, but it needs so much now.

that is a ford radiator.
Yes it's a ford radiator. Original radiator is there but bottom tank is dented and needs recored.

20221211_141406.jpg

Without being able to see everything 1,500.00 . Pay more then weep.

I think that the cost of restoration will be higher than the value of the finished car.

Last edited:
I think it's a good parts car. I have first hand knowledge on what a burnt car does. The metal will not last. I value it at about $3-$3500. That would be the value of the air grabber hood and a engine core. You might salvage a few other things to make it worth your trouble.

At best I reckon it would make some cool Yard Art, but only if you live in an area that allows such exquisite pieces to be on display.

I'm no expert, but it looks like the right rear of the car is sagging, look at the right tail light hole, trunk lid, roof. Did it get hot enough to melt the quarter end caps? I think everything behind the doors, maybe including the doors, is unusable. Except maybe the dash frame, drive shaft & rear end. If I had a use for the parts, max. I'd pay is maybe $2,000.

Thanks to all who have given there input so far. Car has a clean title. Back sits low because rear springs are sagging. Car was getting fixed was why tailights, and 1/4 extending are gone as well as front bumper and grille. Cheapest air grabber hoods I find are about $2500. I'm sure if a guy was patient he can get one cheaper. 489 case 3.55 sure grip is minimum $500. 1970 383 h.p. that runs. H.p. manifolds. Factory disc brakes. Very nice front inner structure and frame rails. Yes the car looks bad. It burnt over 20 years ago. As mentioned I have everything to build this car and am capable of doing the work myself. The guy is asking $5000 for it. I was wanting to see if it's parts value was at least that. And if it could be built. I see people posting pictures of cars all the time that they are replacing roof skins, trunk floors, floor pans, 1/4 panels. And a majority of the car from rust.

Thanks to all who have given there input so far. Car has a clean title. Back sits low because rear springs are sagging. Car was getting fixed was why tailights, and 1/4 extending are gone as well as front bumper and grille. Cheapest air grabber hoods I find are about $2500. I'm sure if a guy was patient he can get one cheaper. 489 case 3.55 sure grip is minimum $500. 1970 383 h.p. that runs. H.p. manifolds. Factory disc brakes. Very nice front inner structure and frame rails. Yes the car looks bad. It burnt over 20 years ago. As mentioned I have everything to build this car and am capable of doing the work myself. The guy is asking $5000 for it. I was wanting to see if it's parts value was at least that. And if it could be built. I see people posting pictures of cars all the time that they are replacing roof skins, trunk floors, floor pans, 1/4 panels. And a majority of the car from rust.
If you are talented enough to do it yourself, save it. That is a very, very rare car with a gator grain top and air grabber hood. I wouldn't hesitate at 5k. Every year there are less of these, values increase, and if someone is in the this hobby for making money, they should pick another hobby! It's a labor of love, bring these cars back, it's just time, welding and sheet metal, good luck and hope you get it.

donor car(s) for the win.......it's not a rebody if you use more than one :D

If you are talented enough to do it yourself, save it. That is a very, very rare car with a gator grain top and air grabber hood. I wouldn't hesitate at 5k. Every year there are less of these, values increase, and if someone is in the this hobby for making money, they should pick another hobby! It's a labor of love, bring these cars back, it's just time, welding and sheet metal, good luck and hope you get it.
Well I have new amd full 1/4s. New roof skin or a good used roof. New trunk floor. Rallye dash. Nice used fenders, doors, and trunk lid. I have interior. I was going to clone a 70 satellite into a road runner or gtx. I am finishing a 69 road runner now. Attached is a picture of the orange satellite I can part to fix the road runner or sell outright since there is nothing on it that I don't already have for this car. Also a picture of my 69 road runner I'm building and a 68 road runner I will be doing next.

20221118_160712.jpg

20221210_172540.jpg

20221210_172822.jpg

Well I have new amd full 1/4s. New roof skin or a good used roof. New trunk floor. Rallye dash. Nice used fenders, doors, and trunk lid. I have interior. I was going to clone a 70 satellite into a road runner or gtx. I am finishing a 69 road runner now. Attached is a picture of the orange satellite I can part to fix the road runner or sell outright since there is nothing on it that I don't already have for this car. Also a picture of my 69 road runner I'm building and a 68 road runner I will be doing next.

View attachment 1386409

View attachment 1386411

View attachment 1386412

20220830_184654.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back