• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW 1970 Road runner burnt

Here are 2 I have already finished
69 charger 500 and a 73 road runner clone.

FB_IMG_1670114088691.jpg

IMG_20200515_113220.jpg

That is a very, very rare car with a gator grain top and air grabber hood. I wouldn't hesitate at 5k.
Agree. V1G gator grain top and N96 hood make this one worth saving without a doubt.

Well I have new amd full 1/4s. New roof skin or a good used roof. New trunk floor. Rallye dash. Nice used fenders, doors, and trunk lid. I have interior. I was going to clone a 70 satellite into a road runner or gtx. I am finishing a 69 road runner now. Attached is a picture of the orange satellite I can part to fix the road runner or sell outright since there is nothing on it that I don't already have for this car. Also a picture of my 69 road runner I'm building and a 68 road runner I will be doing next.

View attachment 1386409

View attachment 1386411

View attachment 1386412
I would dare say you have the market cornered in your area.

Because I am Markymopars Dad, I can brag about his determination and self taught talent. lol If any of you doubt his abilities to save the burned RR, it will be a piece of cake compared to what this 69 500 started out as. He did almost everything on the Charger in less than 2 years. Final paint was farmed out, but everything else we or should I say HE did.
We are just trying to get the owner to be a bit more realistic on his price for the RR and we aren't too far apart. Car has never been for sale and finally is if we pay HIS price. Car was getting ready for a backyard type resto many years ago when a weed fire turned into a Road Runner fire. That is why no taillights, quarter extensions, or front bumper. Car obviously isn't getting any better, but honestly, it has been going up in value. lol When this last ran in 1978 and before it caught fire, it probably was only a $1500 car. The fire possibly saved it since it more than likely would have been wrecked and crushed otherwise.

ch.jpg

marks car2.jpg

charger7.jpg

a.jpg

rear.jpg

a15.jpg

a14.jpg

a13.jpg

ch1.jpg

Project cars are all about the skills of who owns the car and is doing the work.

pass if you have enough money to restore look for a finish one or one that is a good driver to re do ,why spend all that money and time on that car there is nothing there to make it worth it just my thoughts have been there and done that for people you ought to reach out a embower eidubb440 he does this for a living
1670874114291.png

Last edited:
I understand, if he has spare parts and ability to do this, considering the options on the car. For most of, however, it would be a bridge too far. Good luck on your bargaining skills and the rest of the project. Sorry I called it a turd! This is the language the Mods are trying to tame down. LOL

Last edited:
Gee, nice Coronet 440 4-door sedan there. It would be a shame to cut it up for parts, as it would be a good start on a family 4-door WannaBee with 383, 4-speed and 'Bee scoops and tail stripe. I did up a '67 R/T wagon once, and it always drew more attention than my real '67 R/T hardtop.

scan0002[2].jpg

scan0001[2].jpg

P4300120.JPG

Last edited:
Well I have new amd full 1/4s. New roof skin or a good used roof. New trunk floor. Rallye dash. Nice used fenders, doors, and trunk lid. I have interior. I was going to clone a 70 satellite into a road runner or gtx. I am finishing a 69 road runner now. Attached is a picture of the orange satellite I can part to fix the road runner or sell outright since there is nothing on it that I don't already have for this car. Also a picture of my 69 road runner I'm building and a 68 road runner I will be doing next.

View attachment 1386409

View attachment 1386411

View attachment 1386412
You and I are very much alike. Lol. I'd like to see your yard collection sometime.
Car prices are subjective for sure. To me, it's a fair price because I'd love to own one like it and I can't afford to buy a done one outright, but I do, like you, have the skillset to bring one back from the dead. And spreading out the costs over time allows me to have champagne taste on a beer budget.

This is my family 4 door. 69 satellite. Factory a/c car. Bought for a parts car but decided it was too good to tear apart.

20180829_111559.jpg

Thanks to all who have given there input so far. Car has a clean title. Back sits low because rear springs are sagging. Car was getting fixed was why tailights, and 1/4 extending are gone as well as front bumper and grille. Cheapest air grabber hoods I find are about $2500. I'm sure if a guy was patient he can get one cheaper. 489 case 3.55 sure grip is minimum $500. 1970 383 h.p. that runs. H.p. manifolds. Factory disc brakes. Very nice front inner structure and frame rails. Yes the car looks bad. It burnt over 20 years ago. As mentioned I have everything to build this car and am capable of doing the work myself. The guy is asking $5000 for it. I was wanting to see if it's parts value was at least that. And if it could be built. I see people posting pictures of cars all the time that they are replacing roof skins, trunk floors, floor pans, 1/4 panels. And a majority of the car
I was looking at it as the metal was weakened by the fire. If all it did was burn the paint off, then I would put a higher value on it. And also if all the soft parts were removed and in storage. If it's missing all those parts though, the potential list of buyers will shrink. Being local also helps, you may find a better deal 2,000 miles away, but the hassle and expense of getting it home might be a deal breaker.

As far as the hood, you can (currently backordered) buy an AMD reproduction for $799, and all the trinkets to make it work for $1300-1400. The one on the car will have to be restored, and maybe parts replaced. That will add to the $2500 you value it as.

I bought this 1970 Road Runner in 2020 for $2,000. It was 15 miles from my house and I think it was a good deal. It's a bare bones 383/A230 3 speed, manual steering and brakes. It had a locked up 440 in it with the numbers matching transmission. The body damage was done from livestock when it was parked in a pasture. It was also last registered in 1978.

4F45767B-8C28-4132-9184-4FC969AF21A7.jpeg

98B429E3-FF65-49C3-86CD-A00BB56B220C.jpeg

52ABEE6C-7F0D-4444-A0EB-6A81265B074A.jpeg

105E417F-852F-4273-B75B-91C471A2F22D.jpeg

99F50C32-CB43-42B8-88CD-DFB93D13ECA0.jpeg

You and I are very much alike. Lol. I'd like to see your yard collection sometime.
Car prices are subjective for sure. To me, it's a fair price because I'd love to own one like it and I can't afford to buy a done one outright, but I do, like you, have the skillset to bring one back from the dead. And spreading out the costs over time allows me to have champagne taste on a beer budget.

That’s my way too!

That’s my way too!
Even if it is cheaper in the long run to buy one that is finished... most of the guys in the hobby don't have the funds sitting around to go buy a finished car. Start with the best affordable project and build from there. 70 road runner has always been my dream car. I am hoping someday to have a road runner from every year.

Even if it is cheaper in the long run to buy one that is finished... most of the guys in the hobby don't have the funds sitting around to go buy a finished car. Start with the best affordable project and build from there. 70 road runner has always been my dream car. I am hoping someday to have a road runner from every year.
I'm with you there.

If I had the money to buy one done, I probably wouldn’t buy one. I like the hunt, challenges, building, etc. when it’s “done” I get bored. Quickly.

I never have enough money to buy a done car but I also like building them myself anyway, you will never have the same pride of ownership just buying a done car as you will building it all yourself. I paid $1,000 for my Barracuda in 1982, $400 for my `73 road runner, the most I ever spent to buy a project was $5,000 back in 2000 for my current `70 road runner project. All home built and painted in my garage.

cuda 2022 1.jpg

69 cuda.jpg

74 road runner.jpg

rot70rr3.jpg

I hate to say it but, it's not anything that special, not like a real 69 Charger 500 or a Hemi or Six Barrel Road Runner, plus after the car was in a pretty big fire, it damages the structural integrity of the car. It is just not worth all the time & money it will take to restore that car. It's a very good $3000 parts car now. If you want to restore it, do it, if it makes YOU happy. It doesn't matter what other people say, I just think it is too far gone. IMHO.

Auto Transport Service
Back