• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW 1970 Road runner burnt

The OP's question:
You're buying a VIN and some parts - at best - and that's if it has a transferable title.
Other than that, you'll be building an entire car from scratch and doing a VIN swap on it -
and you know what a VIN swap car is like in "worth", right?

Yeah - They would love that sh*t here in The Villages -

True Story: I had my SSP sitting on the driveway here a few years back (Totally legal, fully tagged, insured, tires aired up, etc) and my "friendly" neighbor one day asked me when I was going to move "The Derelict Car" as it apparently became known as... LOL
Some people have no clue at all.

The OP's question:
You're buying a VIN and some parts - at best - and that's if it has a transferable title.
Other than that, you'll be building an entire car from scratch and doing a VIN swap on it -
and you know what a VIN swap car is like in "worth", right?
Rebuilding a car and a vin swap are two different things, cars are restored from basket cases all the time.

Rebuilding a car and a vin swap are two different things, cars are restored from basket cases all the time.
Captain Obvious.jpg
That's not what I said...

Ah OK - "Other than that, you'll be building an entire car from scratch and doing a VIN swap on it" Maybe I mis-understood your post?

Last edited:
There is a YouTuber Pole Barn Garage who bought a burnt RoadRunner and got it running and driving. He is so tired of it he is willing to sell it for the $4k he has in it. Based off the fact he has $4k in it I would guess he originally purchased it for about $1500-$2000.

Only reason I see someone buying it is a Title, tags, and a 6 inch section of core support and trunk rail. The hood may be ok and who knows about the rest. Burnt and sitting 20 plus years, the rest is rebuildable core material The rest is roached out junk.

Everyone needs to go back and consider the OP has 300 cars in a yard for parts to go around those 6" sections.. :luvplace:

Everyone needs to go back and consider the OP has 300 cars in a yard for parts to go around those 6" sections.. :luvplace:

as long as it all doesn't come from just one :rolleyes: .......but if it does, be sure to cut it into pieces before welding it back together :drinks:

I never went to Freeman`s or Timberlane`s but were they bigger than Ron Slobe`s yard was in Missouri? Wayne

I never went to Freeman`s or Timberlane`s but were they bigger than Ron Slobe`s yard was in Missouri? Wayne.
I never went to Freeman`s or Timberlane`s but were they bigger than Ron Slobe`s yard was in Missouri? Wayne
In 1993 we drove two 67 Charger’s to a TDC Meet in Aurora. We got to roam around Slobe’s, big place.
1990 we were at Freeman’s, he had a lot of cars, can’t remember if it was as large as Slobe’s.
Never got to Timberlane’s, heard they have a lot of cars.

Everyone needs to go back and ask why someone who has managed to snag "about 350" B, A, and E-bodies needs to ask anyone else how much they should be paying for a burnt-out B-body shell.

Really.

-Kurt

Everyone needs to go back and ask why someone who has managed to snag "about 350" B, A, and E-bodies needs to ask anyone else how much they should be paying for a burnt-out B-body shell.

Really.

-Kurt
There was a time when a person could buy theses cars for 50.00 and up. How many are 4 door cars, shells, parts cars, C bodies etc. I have 4 door bodies and 2 door, but I don’t know what they are worth. Don’t really know very much about A and later B body values except what I read.

There was a time when a person could buy theses cars for 50.00 and up. How many are 4 door cars, shells, parts cars, C bodies etc. I have 4 door bodies and 2 door, but I don’t know what they are worth. Don’t really know very much about A and later B body values except what I read.

The past is irrelevant to what I said above. OP has current digital photos showing that they've snagged a 340 Duster and an E-body within the last 10 years and his dad has shown photos of a shop and excellent restoration work.

Put bluntly, if someone can't figure out what to offer on the car in question after picking up some intact grail (for some!) cars, it sounds more like someone asking for peer review of a potential purchase. And that's fine. But it doesn't take a Ph.D. to peruse existing sales to find out how much a couple of framerails and rocker panels with a VIN number attached to a non-numbers matching '70 RR will run you.

It also depends on how bad the OP wants it. If I had that many cars stacked up, I'd throw the current owner of that hulk that very $50 offer and hell if he's offended by it. Screw the batshit crazy market and the fact that you can sell trash like this for $2,500. A rotted out unibody that needs every last panel short of it's rockers and framerails (if one should be so lucky) shouldn't really be worth anything over a few bills, because there's no increase in value if you start with a POS vs. something in decent shape. It is always going to cost more than an already-restored car once it's done (and by that, I consider the $ saved in DIY to be offset by how much one breaks their back and huffs dangerous chemicals in the process of doing it DIY - even if they enjoy it), so why should the rotbox bring a ridiculous premium?

All the power to the OP for their abilities though - and for recognizing that the hood is the only surviving sheetmetal on the car. Some other ambitious fools might try to save more and wind up with a project they can't finish.

-Kurt

Last edited:
The car is fixable, it didn’t burn to the ground, the floors still have paint on them. It will need a full roof including the entire inner structure, and I wouldn't cut up that 70 complete Satellite to fix it. A roof from any 68 to 70 b body 2 door car,except a Charger would work. I am sure that the OP car find a suitable donor car for the roof and other pieces of inner structure from in his 350 plus car stash.

I'd say let someone else save the satellite if you have the parts, help fund your build , but not my choice.

for the time money and parts needed , thats just a parts car for the good build . fire not only wraps it softens the metal temper and that means unless it was a hemi or 6pck car with the original matching motor . its just parts . if my 69 rr 383 4spd wasn't factory black car it would just be parts , as luck would have it , i found this 69 rr couple stripped out and the guy was going to crush it . glad i got there before anything happened to that parts car . i picking up another fresh air hood for the build .

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP FENDER TAG.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP REAR END.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP SMASHED GRILL.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP GOOD CLIP.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP INTERIOR.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP LEFT FRONT.jpg

DSC08126.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back