• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW - 69 Road Runner

69L48Z27

Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

First post, been stalking for a while. I've been looking for the right car for sometime now and I'm hot on one.

69 Road Runner original owner selling it. 38k mile, said to be original. Car was parked in 78. 383 4sp, born with. 3:23 open rear. Buckets and console. Fender tag, VINs all match, FT, dash, core support. Everything is there.

Bad:
Rust in all the normal places, lower quarters, outer WH, front floors top down. Car is 50% original paint. Looks like LS was swiped, putty & paint. Probably needs LF fender too. Interior is good. Carpet and front seat covers need replaced.

That's as much info as I have. Question is - What's it Worth?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looks like about a 30K resto.

I'd go 10-12k. It will need complete resto at around 30k like mmissile said. The good is it appears to be all there. If you're looking for a project, that appears to be a good one. If you want a finished car, you could probably find one for 25-30k.

Thx for the replies! I was thinking 10k, and close to $25k on the resto, doing almost everything myself.

Car goes at an estate sale tomorrow. I'll report back what it sells for.

Is there a fender tag or build sheet with the car? Both will help the value. If so, can you share them?

D

10k would be good. If you do the body and paint your self you could save a lot and maybe have less then 30k in it finished and have just what you want. That would be good. Good luck.

Yes on the fender tag, no great options other than buckets. Broadcast has got to be in the seat still. The person rapping the car says they have the window sticker too. Along with other misc paperwork and owners manual.

image.jpeg

Good luck, I like the car too.

Good luck, it does look like a nice project. Early 69 car. If you get pictures of the window sticker and build sheet, please share. I would not go over 10k without seeing it up close.

D

Good luck, it does look like a nice project. Early 69 car. If you get pictures of the window sticker and build sheet, please share. I would not go over 10k without seeing it up close.

D
Yep, I'll see what I can do. I think the more research I do, $10k is my high bid. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thx again!

interesting car. very desirable color, SPD 2 days after my Blue 69 R/T great color!

Make sure you play the lottery today.

Car went for $15k. Dead on the money.

I asked to see the window sticker and I was told by the widow 'when you buy the car you'll see it'. So, no WS picture.

The hunt continues. Thx for the advice.

Make sure you play the lottery today.

Car went for $15k. Dead on the money.

I asked to see the window sticker and I was told by the widow 'when you buy the car you'll see it'. So, no WS picture.

The hunt continues. Thx for the advice.
Thanks for letting us know. I would have been tempted to...nevermind.

10 to 12.....15 if you gotta have it......But......There are butt heads out there who will think it's worth 20k or more and 60k when finished...For your sake I hope none attend

10 to 12.....15 if you gotta have it......But......There are butt heads out there who will think it's worth 20k or more and 60k when finished...For your sake I hope none attend
Sale is over, the car did $15k. The guy who won the car was not stopping. Car stalled at $13-14k and he had his hand up the whole time when the bid came back to him. Zero hesitation. He had to have it for some reason.

I'm a sucker for a story and a bunch of paperwork but I had my mind made up it was too rusty for anything over $10k.

Good decision, especially with a "motivated" bidder there. Gotta know when to quit.

one of those buttheads......ok....Great job on sticking to your budget....You'll be much happier working on a car you got at a fair price vs over spending

Auto Transport Service
Back