• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW - Value on 383 short block - NEW PARTS- might buy it

4mulas

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Another what’s it worth thread! :)

might buy a short block that I flat out don’t need! Lol. But sometimes if things are around and the price is right you just should.

short description:

- 69’ 383 block, steel crank, stock rods, from a previous low mile build
- it’s .030 over with fresh hone, nice cross hatch no ridge, cylinders mic’d for square
- New KB hypereutectic pistons, KB 162.030
- moly rings apparently file fit to 25 or 27 thou (I think that’s what he said they did)
- new bearings
- new comp baby cam XE 262H 218/224 @ .050, .462/.470 lift
- new comp lifters
- melling high pressure pump
- double roller timing set

the price I’m looking for is - what’s a really good deal, there is value here but the build and motor doesn’t really excite me too much. I know I’ll have to take it apart and recheck everything, so there’s always a chance to find some BS somewhere that could render it useless. you know - the risk factor!

what is a I can’t say no price On this?

thank you for the replies!

IMG_3017.jpeg

$1k, about that in new parts, seems like a good resto Roadrunner type build

I would say if you don't need or have a use for it, let it go to someone who really has a use for it. With that said, a smokin deal? 1k to 1.5k? Idunno!

I would say if you don't need or have a use for it, let it go to someone who really has a use for it. With that said, a smokin deal? 1k to 1.5k? Idunno!
True, but the sale is slightly a distress sale. Maybe I can make a few bucks on it if you know what I mean

Not the pistons or cam I would pick for myself. I think it has to be under $1k Cdn to have a chance of reselling at a profit.

Not the pistons or cam I would pick for myself. I think it has to be under $1k Cdn to have a chance of reselling at a profit.
Thanks, and I’m totally with you. Nothing about the combo excites me too. I think a person can never recover labor and even though stuff is new, it’s installed so therefore used…. I was thinking 25 cents in the dollar with no value in the block and labour etc…

If you have several big block cars, b blocks especially, $500-1000 is a no brainer insurance policy IMO.

Auto Transport Service
Back