• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW - What's it worth ? 70 Hemi RR Survivor - documented.

logic2

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I'm about the pull the trigger on a 70 Hemi Road Runner Coupe and I'd like some feedback and opinions on the estimated market value.

This car still has:
Original Fender Tag
Original Broadcast Sheet
Most of all original metal, interior and suspension.

Tons of owner provenance and original dealer documents, dealer warranty, etc... A whole packet of owner cards and documents from the dealer.

Fender Tag (with inspector marks):

112 082 676
V1X N96 L31
EB5 M2B5 EB7 318 124XXX
E74 D21 RM21 R0A 212XXX

All metal and (B7 paint) is original and not rusted, except rear quarters were replaced about 10 years ago (car has been parked in garage since).

Original interior in decent condition (for a survivor, I'd want to replace it eventually of course)

Warranty Block has been rebuilt, painted and tested about 5 years ago (tested on engine stand). Casting #: 2468330-M
No marks on front pad and does not appear to have been milled down.

Fresh Air Hood (Complete and Original)
Dana 4.10 Original
4-speed Original

EVERYTHING comes with the car (EXCEPT) the following parts that are missing:

Exhaust Manifolds
Flywheel

Picture This in a garage:
A Dirty / Dusty (not rusty) 70 RR with the:
Windshield Missing
Rebuilt Warranty Block rebuilt and painted sitting next to car
Original 4-speed and shifter sitting next to engine
All original B5 interior still in car
Front wheels removed sitting to the side.
Rear quarters replaced and in BLACK AMD metal color
The rest of the paint all still there.

Questions:

1.) I know there are still several questions, but what would be a ballpark price for this car in it's current survivor condition (No paint on rear quarters) and Engine/Tranny need installed and wired up.

2.) What is the ball park value of this car restored "correctly" ?

Last edited:
Based on description, high $40 to lower to maybe mid $50s as it sits
Project cars are tough to sell right now .

Sounds like needs a lot of work , wrong block and apart .
But good colors and 4 spd help,,,,,,, a lot

There was a running driving R code 1970 GTX advertised recently , wrong color and non matching numbers car . also 4 spd and I think owner was asking mid $70s
Original F5 green with green interior
Was converted to FJ5 limelight with black interior. Looked like a pretty decent car for the $$$ .
And yes, I realize the Money difference for some make a world of difference though

For the cash difference I would take the running driving car all day every day , regardless of color combination. UNLESS you absolutely have to have a B5 blue with blue car and/or cant afford to up the budget
And I get that, I recently bought a car and waited almost 2 years so I could double my original budget . But I got pretty much my dream car in the garage

Warranty Block has been rebuilt, painted and tested about 5 years ago (tested on engine stand). Casting #: 2468330-M
No marks on front pad and does not appear to have been milled down.

Would a 2468330-M block from the 90’s to the 201?’s be a warranty block? Wouldn’t it have a block from 65 to the 70’s?

A true warranty block is from 1966 thru mid/late 70s

Sounds like its got one of the recent Mopar blocks . Which can be VERY subject in regards to quality . See below
Unless you know who built it and/or heard it run ,,,, its subject to most anyone.

As far as value ,,,, a true Warranty block is no different versus one from another car.
It still not the born with engine.

ps, and in most peoples minds , its NOT a survivor. Its a project car

Last edited:
no survivor at all, just a project car.
B5 is a decent popular colur but not the most preferred one.

none matching drivetrain makes it uninteresting for some guys exspecially for those with deep pockets for the final car.

Sounds like a car in the 40s as estimated before

Carsten

As stated above One thing for sure is it is no Survivor. No original engine, no original quarters, No exhaust manifolds, not running and in pieces. I guess if your term is it actually "survived" then that is still not the correct term in Muscle car world. IMO Nos quarters is what should have been put on a car like that and who knows how well the Chinese ones were installed. Way to many variables to place a price on it...

if it's what you want make a lower level offer ,don't know might take it since it has some problems,but doesn't sound like one that you can make money on, but if it is your idea of what you want buy it and drive it.

Look: a complete, running Hemi engine can easily be sold for $20K. A complete, minus drivetrain, N96 70 Road Runner can sell for $10K, a Hemi 4 speed $2K, and a complete 4.10 Dana rear for $3K. Just there in parts you can easily get to $35K. When sold together (and assuming the engine is simply a replacement Hemi to the original), plus all the documentation, I would go into the mid 40s.

Look: a complete, running Hemi engine can easily be sold for $20K. A complete, minus drivetrain, N96 70 Road Runner can sell for $10K, a Hemi 4 speed $2K, and a complete 4.10 Dana rear for $3K. Just there in parts you can easily get to $35K. When sold together (and assuming the engine is simply a replacement Hemi to the original), plus all the documentation, I would go into the mid 40s.

Pulled the trigger.
I started photographing / documenting the disassembly and inspection. Looks great.
Original sheet metal, plastic, grille and trim are in good shape.
Rear quarters were replaced and they look ok but I'll inspect closer after blasting/cleaning.

Tons of owner documentation including the original warranty and a bank note signed by original owner and documenting the VIN and dealer. Very cool stuff.

It's a shame I can't use much of the original interior since I'll be doing a nice restore.

IMG-7907.jpg IMG-7908.jpg IMG-7838.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool, and glad the car is turning out to be OK. Every car will have its issues, including hidden ones you'll discover as you go along. But that's part of the journey!

Good luck with the build!

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back