• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Won 1st Place in Classic Car, at the 2014 "Finnish Sports Car Association Event"

TekHousE

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
HI all!

Well, I am humbled, amazed, and still in shock that I walked away with first place in the Classic Car Classification at a pretty high end show today!

It began yesterday with a special 'Ladies' cruise for our wives. There were 4 couples driving from our home city of Tampere, Finland, to Hämeenlinna, Finland (approximately 174 KM away) to the event.

We used the back roads as apart from my car, the other 3 cars were rally type and one Porsche!

We stayed Saturday night at Vanajanlinna Hotel, which is like a small castle, and the venue of the Sports Car Show today. There were 5 classes, from GT (Gran Tourismo), Vintage, Classic etc. I was in the Classic classification. I am processing my photos now, so my FULL gallery of today's event is not up yet. We only just got back. But I did upload photos to start the gallery off.

GALLERY IS UP!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19913797@N02/sets/72157647078639325/

Here is me and my wife..(apparently the Coronet is again..."our" car. LOL, until it/me drops oil on the driveway again..)

15092182691_47d248b317_h.jpg

15072184026_5e1d884344_h.jpg

Here are most of us (one couple was taking photos of us..so not in this shot obviously..) Timo (the guy holding his silver prize) owns the Peugeot, which trust me is a killer car!
15092170551_70e168e629_h.jpg

Me, and my wife Sari, and Timo and his wife Eira.
14908624718_aca1797654_h.jpg

Last edited:
congrats to you and your wife thanks for sharing :headbang:

Very nice. Congrats. Thats some trophy. Is there a significance to the lion head? The Peugeot is sweet too. Thats a 1.6 turbo all wheel drive?
looks like the temps are getting lower too. Is this the last show for you guys?

Thanks!

The Lion's Head is a Finnish thing. The national symbol of Finland is a Lion! Go figure how they worked that one out..Must be some medieval thing, since there were no lions in England either, yet they managed to use the animal on everything royal..

This is the association's Logo. The Finnish Lion and a steering wheel.
SUA logo kilpi 141x148.jpg

Yep that is an all wheel drive Pug!

And there are a few more shows before the end of the season proper. One of which will be indoors anyway. I just got invited to have my car in that one today! But temps are dropping fast. It was only 15 degrees C today!

Congrats man, those are some good pics. Jacket is cool.

Congrats, that's got to feel good.

Better than good! Actually they made the announcement in Finnish, and although I live here I have always used English for work etc. So my Finnish is passable, but at events like this with mics etc. A lot of the time I do not catch everything. SO they annouced.."Dodge Coronet Viisisataa" Now viisisataa means, literally, FIVEHUNDRED. But I missed the whole thing. So they announced it again, and I took a step forward hearing Dodge and Coronet, but my wife pulls me back and says that CAN'T be you..

Then one of my mates there says yep it IS..GO UP!

:)

LOL..SO I nearly missed the whole thing. :)

So where is the link to see the rest of the pictures? Lol. We always get a link to Flickr. You've spoiled me. Hahaha

a lot of nice photos as always ,love seeing the Jags and Austin Healy's also the horse photos are they yours also .:headbang:

Those ponies? Nope..My wife and daughter have a horse though..He is a little larger than those..Here is my daughter riding "Jasse". He is an ex-trotter, his racing name is Yashin Zest. Really love this horse.. ;)

And as for the show, yep, today was a different class to the shows I have been attending. The Brit 'muscle' was well and truly represented. And I discovered a whole new group of car owners. ;) Always great!

IMG_4747.jpgIMG_4798.jpg

congrats on the 1st place, way to represent

Auto Transport Service
Back