• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wondering when the engine numbers were stamped on RB engines?

EdK

Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
This is not a direct B body question, but hoping someone may know. Its is relating to the correct engine for an early 64 Dodge HPP truck. It is one of three that came with a 413HP based on the info from the SERT sticker. The other two are 1963 and are a T41 stamped engine. This is the only 64 known with a 413, all the others 64, 65 were all 426, so I'm wondering if it should have a 63, T stamped engine or a V stamped 64.
I'm wondering when the stamping was done, I've read it was when the engine was assembled. Guess I'm wondering if this may have had a 63 T engine left over and installed early in 64, or would all 64's have had the engine stamped V? Or were they stamped when the engine was installed?? I really don't know how it went at the factory, but I am trying to make this as correct as possible, to bad the original engine was missing when I got it.
Casting numbers slightly more straight forward, maybe, thinking may, june ish 1963 since new models started production in September.

Appreciate any input from the experts! Thank you, Ed

Auto Transport Service
Back