• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Workplace Pranks

We had a guy that slept on the couch in the Flightline Dispatch office during the day and he would snore loud with his mouth hanging open. We had lunch regularly from the Base Bowling Alley and there were packets of mayo laying around after lunch. We opened one and squirted it around the mouth of the sleeping guy. Afterwards someone stood in front of him with hands on the fly buttons and yelled, "Truck is here" and when the guy woke up he walked away like he was re-buttoning and then the snoring guy wiped his arm across his mouth and then found the results a bit disgusting. He never slept on that couch again.

Another not a prank per se story. At the C-P store I worked at, sometimes the days would be slow and monotonous or there would be a crazy vibe in the air. The mechanics of course, are willing participants to change or address these situations. The wrenches that we used, whether Snap-On, Mac, Matco, Cornwall all have a tonal "ping" or "note" when they hit the floor. One time an enterprising mechanic emptied his whole wrench drawer, one at a time, of metric and SAE wrenches. Upon completion, another mechanic at the other end of the shop, would do the same. Finally, EVERY mechanic in the shop (there were 8 to 10 of us) would have had a turn of "performing" much to the amusement (or annoyance) of the service advisors, service manager, customers, and dealer principal. This became an irregular ritual. Good times!

Last edited:
We had hired a new(by the book) supervisor(ex-Highway Patrol) for a Teamster truck garage.
2 of the mechanics went into a toilet stall(with swinging doors) and put a pair of shoes,toes towards door about 3' apart.
A 2nd pair,toes toward toilet about 3-4" apart between the others. He looked thru the window in the door that separated lockers from toilets, went in yelling &screaming!
Had a good laugh at that; he lightened up a little after that.

I worked in an office and we had a girl who had just started working there. One day she fell asleep at lunch and I turned all the clocks in the office ahead an hour. At the end of our lunch period I woke her up and told her that the manager wasn’t happy about her sleeping during work hours. She was convinced that she was going to be fired until I told her what I had done.

We had an engineer at work that got a new car and documented every gallon of gas that went into it. He was boosting about what great gas mileage it got. So every day we would add gas to his car to artificially increase the mileage. This went on for a couple of weeks and then we stopped. He came in a week after we stopped adding gas to tell us that he had taken his car to the dealer to find out why his mileage dropped.

I used to have some fun but the guys eventually learned you can't win against the maintenance crew lol. One operator used to draw dicks in everything we painted, I took note and waited. Finally the manager tasked me with setting his machine up with a sprinkler to cut down on dust and there was my opurtunity. I hooked everything up, solenoid valve to turn on the water, switch in his control panel but fed the line into the foam of his seat bahaha. I went up after installing it and informed him of what the extra switch was for and of course he flips it on to test it out.. he sits and sits waiting then starts squirming around and finally jumps up looking like he pissed his pants.. "******* asshole" he yells!! Man I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard lol.

Here's a nice Valentine's Day prank. I worked at a Dodge dealership where my boss (the parts manager) and myself would prank each other as well others. The Service Manager at the time, was also victim though we typically targeted the Service Advisors. Sooo, in honor of Valentine's Day, I sent a Valentine's Day Card to my boss, signed "Secret Admirer" and the return address was the Service Managers. The Service Manager also received a Valentine's Day card, with my boss' address. ROFLMAO. According to my co-worker, sometime later (I wasn't there) , the Service Manager came over to the parts counter and stated that he received a strange letter in the mail from a "secret admirer" from a local address that he recited. My boss, LOL, replied that he also received a letter, from a local address and then noted "I'm gonna get him" referring to me. LOL!

Last edited:
In addition, I used to leave/hide "inspirational notes" on the parts shelves for my co-workers to find. All kind of crazy $hit. It took several years for all of them to be found, long after my boss and I had departed.

Auto Transport Service
Back