• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst parts supplier ever

GreatCuda

Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
I was curious about something. I recently bought a brake kit for my Cuda from a guy (Gearheads Enterprises and "Fatrodder" on Ebay) I found on Ebay. I wish I had made the actual transaction through ebay instead of calling him because I would have had more leverage for when this guy bent me over and shoved it in with sand.
The guy sent me rusty, unusable parts that were supposed to be new.
Then he sent me replacement parts that were just as rusty and unusable as the first ones only six days later while my car was on someone's lift.
The parts in the kit were the wrong ones and I had to replace them at my cost.
He and his employees lied to me repeatedly.
My car spent three weeks on a guy's lift while these guys were getting their thumbs out of their *** and it still isn't right by a long shot.
You might be thinking that this happens all the time but this guy and his crew were really special.
Totally inept, uncaring, devious, crooked, I could go on.
What I'd like to do is write down everything that happened from day one and share it with other people so that they don't get screwed like I did. I don't even need to exaggerate to make this guy look like S**t.
Is this the right forum for this? Or should it be posted elsewhere?

The testimony you just posted with your experience with them is enough warning to some degree. Running on about someone with out hearing both sides is a little childish. I see fatrodders on ebay, I have never bought from them. Seeing your post makes me think twice if I even want to consider them, Try waiting to see if anyone else posts any good/bad experiences . I see Items like headers that dont fit right and stuff they sell. It sucks to get burned. A buyer beware post is always good. Did you end up buying the part from a different vender to make it right? What brake part was it? Used? aftermarket? NOS?

I'm gonna agree with moparal. The fact that you've put his name out there for us to read and shared what you've already shared is good enough for most of us to think twice and steer clear of the guy.

It would be nice to start kind of a useful vendor review thread in here. Some of us have had experiences, good and bad, with vendors that we'd like to share with others that get buried amongst the posts. But with negative experiences would we be able to write an objective review without it turning into a flaming post? If some of you are like me, once you've been pissed off the rant wants to come out. So, given a negative experience could we take a look at things with objectivity to explain how things went wrong?

This was supposed to be a brand new front disc brake kit (spindles, rotors, calipers, bearings, shoes and dust caps for a Plymouth Cuda. The rotors arrived the first time with heavily rusted bearing races in the rotors. The guy sent me a second set of rotors, same thing even after I asked him several times to check them before he sent them to me.

Just an update. I got the second set of rusty rotors taken care of at my expense, time, gas (thats what I did Christmas eve), then I discovered the rest of the kit wasn't right either. He (fatrodder/Gearheads Enterprises) sent the wrong outer bearings with the kit and he sent 2" dust caps instead of the required 1 3/4" caps. I had to buy the outer bearings and 1 3/4" caps and grind the skirts down on the caps to get them to fit and not stick out of the hub too far. Total cost so far to me to fix this is over $105.00 plus my time, gas and aggravation. My car has been on the lift for almost a month.
Now that I am having even more problems, the guy is blowing me off and refusing to answer my calls and emails. With all the whining and arguing and lying he did so far I am pretty sure he isn't ever going to step up and make this right.
BTW, all this guy's stuff is cheap Chinese crap and it shows bigtime.
The rotors all had heavy duty corrosion going on and underneath the bearing races as if the Chinese didn't want to pollute any water washing the plating chemicals off the rotors before they pressed the races in.
Why would I lie or make this up? The only reason I am writing this is so some of the nice people I met in here can read it and make their own decision whether to trust this guy. I'll try to post some pics of the rotors. Decide for yourself if this is what you would want on your car.

absolutly not....thats why I deal locally...yea it may cost alittle more but....well you get the idea.....better luck next time

Just as a follow up, Fatrodder (Ebay) aka Gearheads Enterprises aka Craig returned $20.00 whole dollars to my credit card.
My out of pocket up to that point had been $105.00. (not my gas, not my time, not my aggravation, not even three weeks of sitting on the lift)
Thats the good news. The bad news is that the lug nut studs in this guy's rotors turn with the lug nuts when you try to take them off. I have to pull off the wheels with the rotors on them and take them on a 60 mile round trip to get the studs welded. The other bad news is that his calipers stick up farther than my front rims do, so now I get to buy two more larger diameter wheels and tires. Gee whiz, I'm kind of stuck unless I want to buy another "kit" or put my stock, rusty, 38 year old brakes back on.
As you can see, this deal has worked out far better for Craig and his trusty (I mean rusty) band of gearheads than it did for me.
Most fair people would conclude that I'm not really "running on childishly" but have been very well humped by this guy who refuses to stand behind his products.
As far as dealing locally, locally doesn't exist here. Its way way over there.
Maybe someone else here can benefit from my loss. That was the point of writing this in the first place.

IMG_2569s.jpg

IMG_2570s.jpg

IMG_2571s.jpg

IMG_2581s.jpg

I have to agree,bought parts from fatrodder.Lets just say a learning experience to always check feedback bofore buying.Did eventually get the parts in like 3 months.

I have to agree,bought parts from fatrodder.Lets just say a learning experience to always check feedback bofore buying.Did eventually get the parts in like 3 months.

Yes, I made two mistakes. I didn't read all the forum entries about what crooks these guys are and I saw the parts on Ebay and called and placed the order. HUGE mistake. At least I would have had some leverage and protection against these bastards if I had gone through Ebay.

My experience with fatrodder was the same as wannadrag. I didn't read the lousy feedback he'd received, and made the mistake of buying parts from him. It took about 2 months, but we finally got our parts after we contacted the company he works for and talked to his boss. He sent us the parts, plus some extra things for our trouble. My wife was so mad that she started contacting other bidders for his parts on eBay, told them our problems, and suggested that they retract their bids.

What HAMB had to say about fatrodder (Fatrobber).

I think the guy belongs in jail. Look at what he did to all these guys and all the aliases he used to turn up and sell this crap again and again. Look at how long he has been at it. Read all the aliases and look out for this thief.

34Hupmobile
02-20-2007, 03:32 PM
I ordered a MII rebuild kit 3 months ago from these folks via Ebay. I also ordered a swaybar bushing kit at the same time. Six weeks later I get a box with the rebuild kit and an extra set of strut rod bushings. Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out strut rods and anti-sway bars aren't interchangable and you don't eliminate one and install an extra set of the other. They don't answer emails ever. I've called them at least 20 times and the gal that answers the phone is totally rude. Half the time she just hangs up without a word. She finally just tells me to talk to her supplier and gives me the number. I called them and they say they don't even sell anti-swaybar bushings but the crackheads at Gearhead ordered extra strut rod bushings so they sent them. Its been so long since my order I can't even leave the *** blasting feedback they so deserve. Avoid these clowns and tell your friends to avoid them too.
______________________________40 & 61 Fordsgraverobber63
02-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Good prices but horrible service. They are known as 'Fatrodder' on ebay.

I've had many mishaps with them. If it helps, the manager's name is Jason IF you can get through the girl on the phone to him.
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Good prices but horrible service. They are known as 'Fatrodder' on ebay.

I've had many mishaps with them. If it helps, the manager's name is Jason IF you can get through the girl on the phone to him.

That's funny. I called them once and the girl totally hung up on me on purpose. I called right back and the guy answered. He was totally helpful and fixed the issue. Seems like they have way too much going on and not enough people to keep things in order. Keep calling!!
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I think, as of last summer, the rodpart hwarehouse was still in the quad city area. He mey or may not be linked to the Waterloo guy, I know there is a guy that rebuilds blower caes in Waterloo thats not on the level. The rodparts guy is shifty to the end, I bought most of my parts through him when I did my 54 the first time, no store front, all parts in a house in a residential area, stuff everywhere. He has been or for a while banned from NSRA nats vending due to crooked behavior. I live about a hour from him and won't buy a thing from him. Lifes to short to deal with hassles eveytime...buy from Yogis in the midwest, can't beat them for shippng and service.
02-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Dam if this the fatrodder on egay i wouldnt buy **** from him. Just look at his feedback and shitty replies like he is the king and everyone else is an asshole.. I think its the other way around. Ok heres a tip I bought some **** for my buddies model a i was working on from rodparts warehouse. they charged his credit card and no parts. I dont give a rats *** who it is if they charged your card and you dont have the item call em tell em your gonna call the credit card company. If they dont kiss your *** from that point on call the credit card company. Its illegal to charge you in advance for sumpin they done have in stock.. Rod parts asked him not to call and he told em we had better see the **** soon.. :):) we did.
Dave
ps: I bought a bunch of stuff from rodparts when i did my 32 coupe 1-800-visa LOL... They always cut the other guys prices and i didnt have a problem but it can and will happen.......
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I strongly suggest avoiding doing business with the Gearhead folks. Stopped by the place one time, wasn't impressed at all. They are set up in an out-of-business tire shop, but the place was a mess, and almost every box I saw had chinese markings on it.
I suspect they are a re-packager, pushing cheap crap from "our friends" on the other side of the Pacific.

Roger

A32Flathead
04-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Another one here.....

Repeat after me....

I shoula searched the HAMB first.....I shoula searched the HAMB first.....I

5 Weeks ago, I ordered a pair of front springs for a friend of mine in the UK....

Several 25-40 min "on hold" phone calls....tons of emails, and finally an actual reply....

I got them today...Cheap enough, but TERRIBLE customer service.... :rolleyes:
04-27-2007, 11:46 PM
I just bought some pullys from them, their called Fatrodder on ebay. Good prices, but I couldn't get any response to my emails
04-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Watch that FatRodder company on eBay and the parts they sell.

The shop i work for installed a MustangII front end kit that a customer ordered from them, and before the car even hit the road the balljoint boots were cracking.

So, we went to try to replace them, and literally a week later, and about 40 or so trips to our shop by our local parts supplier (bless them and their patience with us), and we couldn't match up the boots to ANYTHING. During this time we were also contacting FatRodder for info to see if they could give us an application so that we could order the proper ones that would press into the groove correctly.

The only thing they did to help was transfer us to someone who then proceeded to tell us that they buy the balljoints and boots from "some place in china", and have no idea what they fit. The threading is completely different than anything most would consider "normal". I wound up fabricating another 'seat' for the balljoints, and getting boots that we know would fit, and it works now.

I hope the balljoints themselves don't go bad anytime soon, the thread pitch/depth/sizes are completely different than any of the balljoints we tried to match it up to. When that time comes, we'll probably have to replace the arms with some different arms with standard components.

Solution? Buy from reputible manufacturers (not middlemen with ZERO product knowledge) that hopefully won't make your life a living hell down the road if/when things go wrong... don't buy cheap crap made in China just to save a few bucks.... it'll cost you more down the road!

More from Hamb on Fatrobber

Even more. It sure isn't just me.

04-28-2007, 03:39 AM
dave thanks for helping me out, cant believe how long the parts have taken to get to dave... however after reading this im kinda worried about the quality of the parts now...

the guy also goes by the name of BIGGJDOGG Auto Accessories - exactly the same shipping address.

as you say dave shoulda checked the hamb!

fleamarket couldnt you have just bought new balljoints which would have had the same thread as the rack and fitted into the bottom spindle mount?

completely agree though give these guys a miss. its hard when your in the UK and you need several different parts and you can find very few suppliers to supply all parts so we can get it all shipped as one parcel - especially when there is still companies out there who say they wont ship outside the USA - thats a whole other thread though!
04-28-2007, 08:43 AM
WELLLLLLLL.....Goes to show how we should keep current on H.A.M.B. threads. I WAS going to order a m/c from that BIGGJDOGG outfit. Thanx a million for the great info. Another place to put in the ole memory bank to stay away from. .....Ole Pork
04-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I bought some parts from Gearhead mostly because I was wondering about their quality. The parts were the same parts I was buying from a name brand distributor, just 40% cheaper. Maybe it doesn't always happen that way but it did this time. Rodparts Warehouse used to sell reputable parts but I don't know lately.
04-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Speaking of e-gay vendors, does anyone know anything about this guy:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/packard-56_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZse archQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ 1QQftrvZ1QQmppfqyZpackardQ2056QQsacatZQ2d1QQsassZh dQ5fmadQ5fdogQQsbrftogZ1QQsellerZ1QQsofocusZbs

He seems to have quite a lot of crap for sale, not just the Packard stuff.
04-28-2007, 10:01 AM
fleamarket couldnt you have just bought new balljoints which would have had the same thread as the rack and fitted into the bottom spindle mount?

No, they weren't for the steering... i'm talking about the upper and lower spindle balljoints that thread into the upper and lower control arms. The thread on the balljoints was completely different than any balljoint that we could find at our parts warehouse... and we searched through a TON of them.
04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
You guys are scarin' me. I just ordered a header from them. Looks great, good price, took a loittle over a week to get. Longer than I thought it should've taken.
04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Guys, I'm VERY reluctant to chime in here but.........I started Gearhead Enterprises in 1992. We were the first to introduce LED lighting to the street rod market blah, blah, blah. Sold the company to 2 brothers in Iowa in 1997, and haven't had anything to do with them since.

Jay at Rod Parts Warehouse is NOT the same guy. He started S&S Rod Shop back in the 80's, really knows his stuff (if you can talk to him personally) and moves a TON of merchandise. Used to be really dis-organized but somehow got it done.

Even though I haven't had to do with it for 10 years, still saddens me some to hear that some of you are having trouble with the company.

Even more good stuff on Fatrobber

This guy really belongs in jail.

flatheadpete
04-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking this is what the HAMB Alliance is all about, not just discounts and good price's, but people you can trust. I always look here first and haven't had a problem yet, plus it seems to be growing all the time. Gary

I agree. But......I needed a polished stainless Jeep header. I guess I got lucky with this dude.

weemark
04-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm thinking this is what the HAMB Alliance is all about, not just discounts and good price's, but people you can trust. I always look here first and haven't had a problem yet, plus it seems to be growing all the time. Gary

hot-rod roadster, dave was buying the stuff for me over in the UK. I asked him to use this vendor because dave parcels things up pretty good and gets them out to us over here. does an excellent job too I may add.

Now going back to your post. Price is important to us guys over here because by the time youve added on shipping and then at this end we get busted for another 27% or so of the total package by the TAX man for import duties so all in all it can work out pretty expensive. so as an example i got a package yesterday i paid $237 for it including postage - on top of that i had to pay the postoffice over here for clearing, import duties etc. the equivelant of ANOTHER $70 - when there can be a 40% difference in the price of parts dont tell me price isnt important.

as for hamb alliance vendors - ive used a few of them now and im sorry to say i found their service pretty poor - little to no communication in that they didnt answer email for days, parts took a long time to get them shipped out even AFTER the money had been taken off my card, im not talking a few days either, it was WEEKS and there were other issues too (no im not going to name the vendor's) If their service was spot on i would use them but it wasnt so i am going to go with the guy who gives me the best price.

maybe its because im a foreigner to these guys and it dont matter if they keep us waiting on parts???

66F100
09-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Nothings changed about this company, except maybe their ebay name, which is gonefishing69. I have been waiting a month now for a starter that they told me twice has been shipped. I have to drive an hour and a half to a parcel service to pick it up, and have now gone twice to find it still has not been shipped. Phone calls and emails are not returned. I am just hoping that I actually get the part now!

thirtytwo
09-16-2008, 08:26 PM
i bought a grill insert from them ,asked them how they fit , they said perfect ( guess they forgot to mention use a big hammer) called to complain they told me it was my brookville shell was inferior, i told them it fits the exact same way in 3 of my stockers ,got called a liar and hung up on ...left them bad feedback, got a message heres the return favor , my only bad feedback on ebay is from them ******** DONT BUY FROM THEM!

Black Primer
09-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Ijust bought a fuel tank from a place called gearheadworld in Hudson Iowa. Their feedback is 99.2%. It's a Tanks Inc. tank and arrived in 3 days. Are all these companies owned by the same person?

sawzall
09-16-2008, 08:47 PM
That's funny. I called them once and the girl totally hung up on me on purpose. I called right back and the guy answered. He was totally helpful and fixed the issue. Seems like they have way too much going on and not enough people to keep things in order. Keep calling!!

funny.. I called and she did the same thing.. then he called back asking why I gave her a hard time.. (for the record I was polite)

i WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN

THEY SELL ON EBAY AS FATTRODDER AND AS ********** WATERLOO TIRE?? I THINK

Normal Norman
09-16-2008, 09:07 PM
My 2cents worth; I ordered a radiator catch can from Fatrodder thru E-bay. I paid for it thru PayPal. I never got the part,I never got an answer to my 5or6 e mails either. I reported it to Pay Pal and they returned my dough,happy ending! It just bewilders me they won't respond to e mails? What a bunch of bastards! N.N.

rustynews
09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Sounds like someone's bitchy girlfriend or daughter is the secretary at this place - you know, the kind that would get fired if they weren't either related to, or screwing, the boss?

hiboy
09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
I just read this thread. I'm also waiting for a EBAY purchase from them. Crap. Hope this works out. I bid on a scratch and dent air cleaner and got it for 99 cents. I thought the freight was a little high but so far fed-x tracking showes that it shipped and is almost here . Showes to have shipped a day and a half from the bid closing. Guess I'll see tommorrow or the next day.:(:confused:

Ice Breaker
09-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Now going back to your post. Price is important to us guys over here because by the time youve added on shipping and then at this end we get busted for another 27% or so of the total package by the TAX man for import duties so all in all it can work out pretty expensive. so as an example i got a package yesterday i paid $237 for it including postage - on top of that i had to pay the postoffice over here for clearing, import duties etc. the equivelant of ANOTHER $70 -

Man, you would think the REVOLUTIONARY WAR would have taught your government a few things! I guess you've just become used to taking it in the keester... we got tired of it over 200 yrs. ago!

Johnny1290
09-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I bought something from gearhead. When I got it, it was a chinese knockoff of the brand name part that was pictured/listed as in the ad.

I sent it back and filed a claim with paypal and got a refund.

never heard a word from those guys, no emails, nada.

Wicked50
09-16-2008, 11:17 PM
I was gonna buy a IFS MII kit from the the waterloo guys thank god I didn't

39cent
09-18-2008, 02:19 AM
gads thank goodness i didnt order from Rod Parts warehouse. I have seen thier ads in many rod mags, and their prices were good and i figured since they advertised in a reputable mag and they were still in business that they were a good out fit. THANK YOU HAMB'RS. I just was going back thru older stuff here in the HAMB and stumbled on this. We dont need any of those kind of people that give shoddy service or none at all.

GTS225
09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Ijust bought a fuel tank from a place called gearheadworld in Hudson Iowa. Their feedback is 99.2%. It's a Tanks Inc. tank and arrived in 3 days. Are all these companies owned by the same person?

Yep......same guy. If I'm not mistaken, he got too big for the place he had in Waterloo, and found himself new digs out in Hudson, (about ten miles away.)
I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again.......DON'T BUY FROM THEM! (Most of it is Chinese knockoffs anyway.)

Roger

78mako
09-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Guys, After reading this thread, and having dealt with theses losers myself, I did some digging around and found out that the following are all the same guy selling on Ebay under different names and ID's: FatRodders Rod Parts, GearheadWorld, Gonefishing69 and Fatrodder. The female that everyone has been talking about being so rude is named "Tammie" and I received an email from her from Fatrodders Rod Parts. The addresses for these are all from Waterloo, IA and Hudson, IA. The thing that has really got me wondering is that they all have very high feedback counts with around a 98.5 to 99.5 positive feedback rating. That seems awfully high for companies that are consistently dealing out bad customer service and ripping people off. The only explanation I can offer is that the folks leaving the positive feedback on Ebay did so in fear of receiving negative feedback themselves. Since the feedback rating system has been changed to prevent sellers from leaving negative ratings for buyers we should see a drastic change in the amount of positive feedback being left for these idiots. It appears to me that the owner or owners of all these seller Id's has used so many of them in an attempt to spread out all the negativity instead of having it all collect under one name. This gives the illusion of having fewer dissatisfied customers in order to enhance business. The bottom line still remains that he is ripping off everyone he can and doesn't care a bit about customer satisfaction. The bad part about all this is that there is nothing that can be done to prevent these guys from keeping it up. All they have to do is change the name of the seller and it's back to business as usual. If anyone has any ideas as to how we can protect each other from these guys Please post it so we can put it into action. Personally I wish there was a way we could wage war on these fools and put them out of business for good. When it comes right down to it they are stealing and ripping us all off on daily basis. It would sure be nice if we could turn the tables on them so they knew how it felt. Anybody got any ideas?
09-25-2008, 08:52 PM
thanks for posting this was about to go buy a 32 grill and insert from them reasonablly priced figured it doesnt fit like the description says called to ask if i could pick it up in person 2 save shipping said i could but doubt i will waste my time after reading this

I realize posting in this particular thread isnt the best place but it isnt the worst.

I ordered seat covers from Legendary recently. I told the guy I'm trying to match the back seat so I need BLACK with silver/grey inserts. He said "Oh, your talking about Gunmetal Grey". I said, "well they're pretty silvery but your the expert."

They come and they are all one solid color and of course, grey. I get on the phone and they are going to charge me a 25% restocking fee. Wouldnt be a big deal but I live in canada and shipping each way is $80.

In hindsight I wish they had faxed me a purchase order to double check. I can understand getting the silver grey insert wrong but they over looked the seats were supposed to be black. Now I'm out $250.

Anyone want some '71 gunmetal bucket seat covers cheap?

Summit has sent me several items that would be considered seconds.... I just work it out some how and avoid the return games my time is too valuable to waste a day on returns... it ain't 1945 an at more... made in America = **** now....

Same here. !! If you open it u bought it is what i was told , Front disc brake setup in 2011, BULL!@#$
Stay Away!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back