• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB WTB 4 Red Line Dodge Dog Dish Caps for 67 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Looking to buy a set of Dodge dog dish caps for my 14" wheels. I see in my book that the dodge emblem caps are #2768 007. If you have a set, send a photo and asking price. Thank you, Dean.

If you are doing a restoration I don't believe a Charger came with dog dish caps.
But of course they are pretty easy to change if you just like the look better.
The 66 deluxe wheel covers are nicer than the 67's I think.

The red stripe dog dishes will not fit your stock 1967 14" rims. These are 1969-1971 caps, and Mopar changed cap size from 10" to 9" in 1968.

Magnum roadwheels were an available option in 67.
These would be the full chrome version with no trim ring.

This is a 65-67 10" Dodge Cap. Used on Coronets and Chargers I believe.
67 Cap.jpg

If you are doing a restoration I don't believe a Charger came with dog dish caps.
I agree, you should likely have the standard premium full wheel covers. 66s had a spinner, 67s did not.
The spinners were known to catch actresses scarfs and rip their heads off so they're dangerous.
:lol:

In another post I read the OP bought some new 14" wheels from Coker. I would double check the wheels as I don't remember any company making these wheels to accept a 10" cap. Though there was a member who made the centers. Also don't the wheels that accept the deep 66/67 covers have a different "face" to accept them that has a limited interchange? Which included some C bodies if I remember. I know I had redone a set of 66's but couldn't use them as I didn't have any of the deep face wheels. Just a thought so the OP doesn't end up with a bunch of stuff he can't use.

I bought a set of those 66 hubcaps with the spinner, because I like that look as well. But they won't fit on my 14" steel wheels. Did the steel wheel change from 66 to 67?

IMG_20211126_105057226.jpg

No the caps are the same just the center is different.
The steel wheels on the charger had a different deeper outer lip than most of the other ones used at the time.

Last edited:
Thank you Don, I appreciate the time you took to look it up in the parts book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back