• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 67 Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

princetonprep17

Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a nice console that will fit a 67 Coronet. I am ok with having to refurbish it. The car is an automatic so looking for the automatic plate with it. Thanks!

good luck with this. i,ve been posting for 2 months for one

Yeah I kind of figured it would be a long shot. Coming from being a Mustang guy (my dad is the one with the Coronet), it's a bit shocking to see both how much older Mopar parts go for and how hard it is to find them!

they are on ebay occasionally but nice ones start around 300

Well I guess I will keep a look out then. If I come across any I'll be sure to drop you a line about it.

will do same here. all i need is a body as mine is broke to sh#t

I am aware that they are reproduced. In my experience with the reproduction Mustang consoles though, they have an issue with proper fitment over the trans tunnel. A lot of times they need to be trimmed and even then they don't fit snug over the trans tunnel like the factory ones usually do. Thus why I prefer to refurb a factory one.

I do appreciate all the information you posted on the interchange. I searched google for like a half hour trying to find anything on the interchange. Much appreciated!

does anyone know if the charger two piece is a normal b console with a body extension. if so then the front half would work with the right trim

Great question. It appears to be a little too short but if you could find some way to finish off the back area (where the second piece connects) I see no reason why (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) you couldn't just use the front half.

I assume you're looking at the one on fleabay right now for like 60 bucks?

I am aware that they are reproduced. In my experience with the reproduction Mustang consoles though, they have an issue with proper fitment over the trans tunnel. A lot of times they need to be trimmed and even then they don't fit snug over the trans tunnel like the factory ones usually do. Thus why I prefer to refurb a factory one.

I do appreciate all the information you posted on the interchange. I searched google for like a half hour trying to find anything on the interchange. Much appreciated!

Don't compare other brand parts with an unknown part, it isn't fair to make a blanket statement like this. This is not a Mustang site.

There are TWO different manufacturers of Mopar B body console.

stinger fiberglass 321-258-8160

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=2

The first one is a fiberglass repo and the second one is made from the original material. The second one also makes the top plates, 4 speed hump cover, shifters, etc.

Since no one on this site has stepped forward with any comments on the fit of these you may want to visit Moparts.com and ask there for personal experience.

I have heard the reproductions fit nicely just as the originals, .......I have one order and will confirm or deny this when the part arrives.

Don't compare other brand parts with an unknown part, it isn't fair to make a blanket statement like this. This is not a Mustang site.

There are TWO different manufacturers of Mopar B body console.

stinger fiberglass 321-258-8160

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=2

The first one is a fiberglass repo and the second one is made from the original material. The second one also makes the top plates, 4 speed hump cover, shifters, etc.

Since no one on this site has stepped forward with any comments on the fit of these you may want to visit Moparts.com and ask there for personal experience.

Wow, I sense a bit of animosity here. None the less, you are right, I have no experience with the two manufacturers of the Mopar consoles. Unless someone bought the original molds to make these off of (which from what I've read neither confirms nor denies this), I really would prefer to go with an original. I don't doubt the quality is good (and I never said they were junk), they look like very nice pieces.

And just as with any other fiberglass pieces, I would assume (please correct me if I am wrong) that a little trimming here and there would be required to get a super nice fit. Again, I have no experiences with working with a fiberglass console other than my own that I built for a 66 Mustang I had so my assumption is again a blanket statement and I will gladly correct if it proven otherwise.

Regardless of how good the repro's may be for Mopar parts, I much prefer to work with originals. Forgive me for my preferences of original over reproduction.

No animosity here. I just know what I would do if it was me, rather than work with a cracked warped up original with 40 year old hinges etc. I would buy a new one.

Typically they pull a mold off of a nice original which is miniscually larger so the fit will be as good or better.

I have heard the horror stories of Mustang reproduction parts, massed produced usually by many different suppliers, I have heard about quality issues for years that you Guys had to deal with, but I can't testify to it because I don't play with Mustangs, but you Guys have had reproduction parts when us Mopar Guys were left to scrounge the bone yards and made do with what was available. for the most part most reproduction Mopar parts are very,very good it the fit and finish department, most high quality molds are made from super nice original parts, you would be well pleased with parts from some of the better suppliers of the parts we are using, I am and there IS NO ONE PICKER THAN ME !, I don't want to come right out and plug the Good suppliers and Bash the bad ones, but if you ask on here some one like myself will gladly voice an opinion if I have had any dealing with them first hand. But I refuse to judge quality of parts I know nothing about, as far as buying new or working with old, that's all up to you, do as you wish, to each his own, I just hate too see someone throw money reviving some old, used parts when the exact same part is made new and is cheaper.

Understandably so. Certainly it was wrong for me to group all parts in with my experiences with other manufacturers (and I have admitted so). The prices that I have seen for a new console (I was quoted $1400 by a guy on ebay today actually for all new parts for the console) don't seem to be anywhere near the prices for a nice used one though.

I agree completely that if my dad was building a full on show quality car that getting the best parts available (new or otherwise) would probably be the better way to go. But he bought the car after he retired to have something to play around with and work on. He wants a driver. Not a show queen, but something he can cruise around in and have some fun with. So if it's a little warped, or a little scratched, or has minor blemishes, it's not that big of a deal. But price is definitely a concern. I'm still in law school so I don't have a ton of money and am looking for a good, cost effective way to surprise him on xmas morning with a few car parts.

I'm certainly not looking to start a pissing match, nor become "that new guy" (though I fear I have breached that territory already). What I am looking to do is continue to gain knowledge in a new brand of cars that I didn't get into because I didn't feel I could afford the parts for it. I have a heck of a lot of respect for you Mopar guys because you're absolutely right, you have to scour the yards, forms and classified ads to find the parts to build your cars. Honestly, to me, that chase has been half the fun though.

Did your car come with a console? Does it have the floor brackets? Do you have any parts for it? Do you have the floor shifter and down rod boot?

If you go to the link I posted for a complete auto console it totals around $1250. without floor brackets.

You an often find console PARTS on Ebay that people are selling from parting out broken consoles. You an save a lot of money buying used top, rear plates, lights etc. You probably will only need to buy a new body, hinge, & lock if you go that route.

I had a collection of console parts and I will see what I have left if any and let you know.

No. The car is an original column shift car. That being said, we have a good family friend who is a mopar fanatic and runs his own restoration shop who I have talked to about making the switch and he has the linkages/steering column/brackets for us to do the switch. He's got the car right now as he's doing the paint and body work for my dad on it right now. He said if I could find the console he'd take care of the switch while it's in for that work.

In reality though I don't see it being that big of a deal if I can find/build up a parts list for the console and then switch it over at a later point. That is a really good idea.

Please do let me know if you have any console parts you'd be willing to part with!

By the way, would you happen to have any pictures of your 66 Coronet I could check out?

Sent you a message daredevil on a nice body on ebay right now.

No worries, thanks for looking for me 696. The brackets are not going to be a problem but I will definitely keep my eye out for the console glove box lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back