• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 68 - 71 Roadrunner Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FridayGt

Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
Alright folks, I’m looking for a steal of a deal (aren’t we all?) on a Roadrunner clone. I say clone because I’m looking for a driving project and I’m looking for it at under $9K. $9K is my limit, but not necessarily what’s being spent, make me a good offer, I’m looking for bang for buck here. The more I save on the purchase of the car is the more money I have for parts. I just got misled and dissappointed for a third time on another car I was trying to get, so I have cash in hand and am not looking to waste anyone’s time, much less my own. I am stationed in Delaware, so, if you’re more than an hour from that state provide me with a lot of details before I make any kind of a long drive please. Also, I sadly can not drive to and from California over the weekend, so if you're more than 6 hours away or so, it has to an offer I can't refuse. Most of all, honesty is going to go a long way in making this go smoothly. I’m going to list my favorite items to look for, but am flexible within reason on them, again, make me an offer. The worst I can say is no thank you.
-’70 – ’71 (Will consider ’68 – ’72)
-Strong 440 (Seriously, I’ve had someone offer me a 455 with less power than my 4 cylinder daily driver)
-Manual trans (preferably 4 speed)
-No welding needed.
-Working electrical (Passing inspection would be a big selling point)
-Plum crazy purple or primer. Paint and lack of rust is obviously better than rust, but plum crazy makes me giggle like a school girl. (Ultimately, paint is paint and can be redone)
All in all, if you guys have any questions, just let me know. You can PM me through this site and I will respond. If the deal warrants further conversation, we'll set it up after PM.

Thanks for the consideration,
Jordan

Last edited:
Also, I should mention that numbers matching does not concern me in the least. While it obviously adds value, the more numbers that match and the guiltier I'll feel about modifying and or driving frequently. Not to mention that this is going to be a big learning curve car for me going from forced induction 4 bangers with ECU's.

Starting the week off with a bump and elaborating a little. Will consider other two doors, but prefer they meet as many of the other desires as possible. Like I said, make me an offer, I appreciate you doing it and I even politely declined the person who offered me a Honda civic... yup...

As previously stated, it either needs to be running or an offer I can't refuse. $9K is the top of my budget, not $15K. Also, just because it's the top of my budget, does not mean I will be spending that on your car. I understand value of vehicles differs greatly between two seperate sets of eyes and two seperate wallets, the least that we can do is be honest and try to work out a deal.

Thanks for everyone that has posted with suggestions or help and to those who have taken the time to make me an offer.

i have a car up for sale need to buy house.. pm me

i have a car up for sale need to buy house.. pm me
Replied, thanks.

Also, now entertaining long distance offers. Just bear in mind that shipping will hurt the budget, the car will be inspected and we will work out an agreement to protect both parties. If you're agreeable to this, we should be good to go!

Bumping, still looking

'70 - '71, will consider '68 - '72
440 preferably, will consider strong big block
manual trans, will connsider auto in floor
Driving project, passing inspection a big selling point
Minimal rust, no welding

To answer some questions, defenitely willing to consider a strip/ strip car as long as it's still streetable or can be gotten there. Nothing too butchered. Budget is $9K, make me an offer. May be willing to stretch for the right car, but not likely. More money saved on car, is more I have for parts and paint.

Bump to the top. Might be willing to stretch the budget a little for the right car, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back