• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB WTB Dana 60 Drivers Side Axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

6PK2GOBEE

Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
WTB Dana 60 Drivers Side Axle Shaft for a ‘67 Power Lock B-Body, looking for a nice complete takeout so I can just bolt the entire assembly- bearing, flange and all in.
Thanks
Kevin

C55A7F0E-377C-4556-8213-8A49F44C8105.jpeg

Need a spline count. By now, someone could have changed things and no telling what's in there.....

Last edited:
Need a spline count. By now, someone could have changed things and no telling what's in there.....
This was a stock low miles(17k) takeout from a ‘67 it’s bone stock so it must be 23 spline.
It’s still in the car fully assembled so I can’t count the splines.

Last edited:
correct me if i am wrong and i apologize if i am, weren't the early danas 23 spline and laters were 30 spline. i always thought so.

correct me if i am wrong and i apologize if i am, weren't the early danas 23 spline and laters were 30 spline. i always thought so.
This chart directly from Dana/Spicer that specifically deals with the Mopar part numbers clears it up.

F18E4EDB-499D-43D7-9DB2-A21B3106C7AD.jpeg

That is a very interesting and helpful chart. IIRC the 35 spline started in the '70 model year cars, So I guess that started in late '69.

That is a very interesting and helpful chart. IIRC the 35 spline started in the '70 model year cars, So I guess that started in late '69.
Right! ‘69 1/2 (actual year NOT car model production 1/2 year which would be end Feb/early March)forward was the 35 spline.
For example the A12 cars which began production in early/mid March - June all had the 23 spline power lock Dana 60 w/4:10’s.

My first Dana was from an A12 car. It was a 23 spline version. My understanding is that those used in in the '70 model year cars began to get the 35 spline version. Again a transition year.

Don't know what's wrong with your axle but I still say it's best to pull it out and count the splines.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back