• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB

Is it the same as 73/74 Charger?

If so I think I have one.

Is it the same as 73/74 Charger?

If so I think I have one.

Im not sure if it is the same. Is the spring taunt cause that is the problem with mine the plate continues to fall down which isn't good when driving if a cop is behind you

Here is one on ebay that looks like the one I have on my 73 RR, https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-1969-...646688?hash=item2cd0438420:g:1HwAAOSwy6ham5Le

If your frame is falling down, check to see if the spring is broken or has it just come unwound, if its just unwound, you should be able to fix it, but it takes a little doing because the spring sits against the end part of the mount, and you have to bend that up and out of the way to wind the spring then tamp it back down.

Assuming you are referring to the rear, according to the parts book, they are not the same. But my collision book says they are.

Thanks ODZ

If I can find mine, it would be about half of that ebay listing price.

...if the OP is interested and can't fix his.

Here is one on ebay that looks like the one I have on my 73 RR, https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-1969-...646688?hash=item2cd0438420:g:1HwAAOSwy6ham5Le

If your frame is falling down, check to see if the spring is broken or has it just come unwound, if its just unwound, you should be able to fix it, but it takes a little doing because the spring sits against the end part of the mount, and you have to bend that up and out of the way to wind the spring then tamp it back down.

Come unwound? How do I tell this?

Well, if the door is flopping around and wont stay up, chances are the spring is either broken or has slipped past the stop and become unwound.

Well, if the door is flopping around and wont stay up, chances are the spring is either broken or has slipped past the stop and become unwound.

Well yea but how would it look it has become unwound?

It may not look any different than when its tight. Here is the thing, you have to check the spring tension, if the holder is falling down, obviously there is a problem in either the spring is broken or has come unwound, and it doesn't take much, one or two turns could do it. Now to adjust, you have to free the loop from the back of the holder, this will allow you to compress the spring from side to side, which is needed to be able to move the end part of the spring (shown in the picture below, red arrows pointing to them) of the spring around through the open section than under that mounting plate where its wider. It should look like mine exactly as it is bent. There should be pretty good tension on the spring when done. Honestly I would check for broken spring, because its almost impossible for these to become unwound by themselves, so if its not broken, then someone has messed with it before. The only other option is that the metal has become so fatigued that its lost its tension, and if that's the case or its broken, then replacement is the only way to go!
20180615_084027a.jpg

It may not look any different than when its tight. Here is the thing, you have to check the spring tension, if the holder is falling down, obviously there is a problem in either the spring is broken or has come unwound, and it doesn't take much, one or two turns could do it. Now to adjust, you have to free the loop from the back of the holder, this will allow you to compress the spring from side to side, which is needed to be able to move the end part of the spring (shown in the picture below, red arrows pointing to them) of the spring around through the open section than under that mounting plate where its wider. It should look like mine exactly as it is bent. There should be pretty good tension on the spring when done. Honestly I would check for broken spring, because its almost impossible for these to become unwound by themselves, so if its not broken, then someone has messed with it before. The only other option is that the metal has become so fatigued that its lost its tension, and if that's the case or its broken, then replacement is the only way to go!
View attachment 616607

Thank you

i may have one

Sorry this response is late the spring is broke. Ill need a replacement

I have one off a 73

Auto Transport Service
Back