• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTF, a Hemi Roadrunner

I think B7 Blue?
The car pictured is B3, the lightest shade of blue.

1969-plymouth-pc.jpg

In my reply I meant the buyer was willing
to pay the 10% more which would bring
the total sale price higher .

Seems cheap to me but I couldn't afford it ether way !
That's your ticket into a hemi car right there if I ever saw one

Watching Barrett Jackson and a 1969 Hemi Roadrunner just went for $65,000! Are our Roadrunners losing value? I almost got $50,000 in my 1969 and its a 383! UGH!
non numbers matching and wrong drive train components drastically reduce the value. People can spend $60K on a 30K car that does not raise the value. Concourse condition collector cars get 6 figures but they are perfect. You can't go by auctions either because a cars value is what someone is willing to pay for it. You have to inspect each car as to what parts are on it not by the pretty paint. I got a numbers matching 69 roadrunner for 25K. I did all the rework myself. And being a driver prbl worth 35-38K now. But someone might pay 40K or 50K for it, but its not for sale now.

I think the value of most cars non matching is going down a little due to Covid-19, the guys with the more money than sense ( or not) will pay for matching perfect cars...or for desireable ones anyway...I have a 69 Coronet RT ALL matching, even sheet metal aqua metallic car don't know what I can get for it when its done, but probably half what I have in it LOL...like a previous guy said...make a profit??? hehehehe

There is a 68 hemi rr for sale at Louis Craigslist,1 paint 20 years ago,otherwise all original. Column auto.$74,995

Watching Barrett Jackson and a 1969 Hemi Roadrunner just went for $65,000! Are our Roadrunners losing value? I almost got $50,000 in my 1969 and its a 383! UGH!

Just an FYI, putting $50k into a car doesn't mean you'll get that or more back out of it at a later date. Never ever buy, build, or expect to make a profit on these cars. JMHO.

Just an FYI, putting $50k into a car doesn't mean you'll get that or more back out of it at a later date. Never ever buy, build, or expect to make a profit on these cars. JMHO.
Totally agree. This is a passion, a hobby for true stewards of the cars.
Let the B-J people play flipper - we got cars to take care of. :thumbsup:

I think the value of most cars non matching is going down a little due to Covid-19, the guys with the more money than sense ( or not) will pay for matching perfect cars...or for desireable ones anyway...I have a 69 Coronet RT ALL matching, even sheet metal aqua metallic car don't know what I can get for it when its done, but probably half what I have in it LOL...like a previous guy said...make a profit??? hehehehe

This post caught my eye.
I too have a 69 coronet RT and it even is a J code car (hemi) 4sp. I bought it in 1980 without the engine or trans. for $900.
This car had 49k on it and is coded with power windows disc brakes super track pac--bla bla even the original carpet and upholstery. Never wrecked and NO rust.
Today it has 50K on it with a doner engine and trans.
So this car --I would say is in 98 percentile in the "survivor" category.

A question comes to my mind.--What if I were to find the original engine and trans for this car? Would I consider the effort and cost to reunite the pieces?
If I did that would the motivation be to extract the maxim value? - I would have to sell it to realize any monetary gain if any. If I did that I would no longer have my coronet having traded it in on cash money:steering:

Everyone likes to hear what their car is -or may bring in dollars should they chose to sell. In my case, a stack of C notes sitting next to my coronet would be an easy call.

Totally agree. This is a passion, a hobby for true stewards of the cars.
Let the B-J people play flipper - we got cars to take care of. :thumbsup:

Ed, you summed up my entire life's experience with the hobby. The GTXs were a passion for me from the day they were new, and I've tried to be a steward with every one of them (five total) starting with the first daily driver. I spent years hunting the right cars, IMO well maintained, unmodified, relatively rust-free examples. Hard to be find, but I'd grab them when they came out of the wood work. Always bought from private parties, always with cash in my pocket. Sold them when circumstances required, always got almost all of my money back, but never a profit. Car was always sold to someone who loved it as much as I did. I've had offers on the two I currently own, some more than I paid for them, but always less than what they're worth to me.

Ya, I've been thinking that an auction might be a good place to pick up a 2nd car. Sometimes you can get some pretty decent deals for a finished car that is less than what it would cost you to build, not to mention the time and effort.

At 71K, I think the buyer did very well.
Car appears to be well done , all dependent on an in person look see obviously .

IMO the biggest downer to the car is the column auto. The colors work well together and imo are not an issue. ( for me personally the column shift and the color combination are a HUGE plus ,,,but Im weird )
Non matching numbers might hurt it some , but A LOT of these cars lost the numbers block years ago . So to the average guy its not an issue .

I just bought a pretty nice 1966 Satellite , hemi auto , blk with red interior for less than any of the prices posted here so far. But the car belonged to a very good friend of mine . So no one else could have bought it for what I did . Plus I have history with the car and have known it and worked on it since the late 90s . Ive already been asked if I want to make some money on it and sell and flatly turned it down . Car is NOT FOR SALE

That white 66 Hemi Coronet did well. if it in fact sold for the 52k. Probably right on the money for a 66 Coronet, which is pretty much the cheapest in for a hemi car one can get .
I know of a decent 1966 Satellite was bought for mid $40s in the past few months and the car needs some serious detailing to make it nice , IMO only, ( it is black with black interior )
I also know of another black with black interior 66 Satellite, hemi . I am told it sold in the upper 60s . I dont remember what transmission it was.

Auto Transport Service
Back