• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTH? Serious gremlin - '73 RR

hotwheelsjr

Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Ok, so my son goes to the track last night with his RR. After a few runs, he notices his headlights are not working. All his other lights are working. When the headlight switch is pulled on, the fender mounted turn signals light up...never did that before. With the lights "off", using the turn signals results in one flashing like it should and the other one dimly flashing at the same time. I also notice that it seems to be charging more than "normal", but when I pull the lights on it drops the charge considerably. Also, when I pull the lights on, the gas gauge starts to climb towards full. With the lights pulled on, the turn signal indicators and high beam indicator is lit, solid. I have disconnected the high beam switch, same status. I've disconnected the turn signal harness, same status. I've disconnected the headlight harness and the turn signals still do their craziness.

HELP!! WTH is going on? I've also swapped out the voltage regulator with a known good one...same crap. Any ideas?!?!

I'm lost... :confused:

You've got a short somewhere. It's gonna take some serious digging unless you get lucky and someone else has had the exact same problem

I concur with runner....... Shorts suck.

Glad you found it, because I did have the same problem with my 73 Charger in 81. That stuff can drive you nuts.

Auto Transport Service
Back