• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YearOne reproduction radiators?

nihil

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
`68 Charger R/T, 440, A/T, A/C. Has anyone used them? Do they cool as well as the originals? Local place want's $500+ to recore this one, so searching around found this:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?pid=FJL25ANH&c=0&e=0&hid=116AB16257&cat=1&trk=

Any thoughts on these? Any other recommendations?

Also, I've noticed that when I wind her up I get a lot of bubbles/froth in the coolant. I am thinking this is due to cavitation from the water pump impeller blades. Is there a better designed pump/impeller available?

Thanks for the input.

Here is what I ran into recently in trying to acquire a stock appearing radiator for my 65 Belvedere that now has a 440 in place of the original 318. A local radiator shop said they would order a new one for me and if I didn't like it they would keep it in stock so I had them order it. It was a 3 row 22 inch set up for automatic trans from US Radiator. The auto trans fitting locations were fine - the overflow stub in the neck was pointed towards the master cylinder instead of directly towards the passenger side of the radiator (which would have been workable) - the lower hose fitting was inboard about 1 inch too far so the oil filter would interfere with the hose - the side brackets were flat sheet metal and did not provide any way to attach the stock fan shroud. So for my purposes of a stock looking radiator on a 65 with a 22 inch wide radiator, the US Radiator wasn't the answer so you might want to find out where the radiator is coming from no matter who you order it from but maybe this type of radiator is good for what you are trying to accomplish. There is a vendor offering a very accurate reproduction and they seem very knowledgable on the phone but the price is fairly high. I happend to come across a stock 4 row 22 inch radiator that I will be using in the 65 but the question becomes what kind of radiator do you want in your car? If you like the look of the square aluminum radiators, there are several vendors to pick from. If you want a stock look, the local rebuild or pricey new ones are the easiest solution. Hope this helps.

`68 Charger R/T, 440, A/T, A/C. Has anyone used them? Do they cool as well as the originals? Local place want's $500+ to recore this one, so searching around found this:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?pid=FJL25ANH&c=0&e=0&hid=116AB16257&cat=1&trk=

Also, I've noticed that when I wind her up I get a lot of bubbles/froth in the coolant. I am thinking this is due to cavitation from the water pump impeller blades. Is there a better designed pump/impeller available?

Thanks for the input.
I have a 68 charger with ac radiator from year one with their shroud and it works fine with the factory seven blade clutch fan that has the part number ending in 216 .
had a five blade fan and with the ac on it would climb to 230 + deg F
with the seven stays at 195 go's to 210 max . in hot weather .
just make sure you get the correct one for your car some are made with out shroud brackets youll want a shroud just ask them to be sure .

I have never had a mopar big block froth the coolant unless there was air in the block , it should stop doing that and burp out the air when the thermostat opens . i always drill a 3/16 hole in the egde of the tstat to help get the air out when filling my motors up , as far AS WATER PUMPS BUY AMERICAN EDDELBROCK cheep pumps suck don't trust them ! i learned the hard way .

Year One radiator for big blk

Thanks for the input.

US radiator makes radiators for Year one. I bought the 2 row 26" aluminum desert cooler for my 440. I have not run it yet, but its fit and finish is exellent. The stock shroud bolts up perfectly as well. As far as the bubbles go... Do you have you cooling system open or closed ? You could be sucking air into the system if it,s open.

D

try classicindustries.com They have either the 22 " or 26 " for around $400.00 for a 4 row and the 3 row for around $360.00

Auto Transport Service
Back