• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You dont have to be an a**hole

The last cruise the habit on sea days was to get up, put a towel on a deck chair then bugger off for two hours for breakfast. But kudos to the deck staff who, after 15 minutes of vacancy, removed all personal belongings and made the chair available again. They were diligent enough to know who was in the pool, etc and left those chairs alone. But I tell ya, there were some pissed off people until they realized they weren't going to get away with that ****.

This reminds me of another instance on the ship. I was up by the pool sitting in a lounge chair by the windows, in the shade reading a book. The loungers were set up in pairs with a small table between each pair of chairs.

The pair of loungers next to me had towels on them with a bag of stuff on one chair. There were more lounge chairs set up in the middle of the pool deck closer to the pool out in the sun. An old lady, most ladies on the ship were old, comes to the chair next to me and gets something from the bag. I look up naturally, then watch the old lady walk over to her husband laying on a lounger in the sun. She then lays on the lounger next to him. Son of a bitch! These two ******** are taking up four loungers while people are walking around looking for an open pair of chairs which are hard to get.

So here I go again. I slowly get up, watching the two ******** laying in the sun. They are not watching the other chairs by me in the shade. As I get up I throw the bag behind the chairs and take the towels. Wala, an open pair of chairs for the next couple that walk by. I just walk away.

About 10 minutes later I walk past the freed up loungers who now have people in them. The bag was not where I put it anymore. The two old ******** were still laying in the sun.

I think getting older has made me more bold and a bit devious.

Last edited:
I highly recommend this movie.

upload_2020-3-19_19-40-19.jpeg

its not just the older folks that are ********.
have you heard about the kids all headed down south for spring break??
their rationale is that they wont get sick and die because they are young.

i watched in disbelief as they interviewed some of the kids,who acted like spoiled brats.
meanwhile,they can all be carriers.........and they are all congregating in one place...??!!
and after spring break they will all be heading home...God save us from Stupidity....
I'm a pretty good mechanic, but I can't fix STUPID!

I’m pretty good at it. Only an ahole when people are stuck on stupid

And you wonder why people get pushed overboard off of ships like this?
The people in that story had a motive. The more they complain the more free stuff they get. No doubt they filed a complaint hoping to get a free cruise out of it.

I'm not real fond of cruises. Ya' find out really fast how rude and or ill mannered some people can be. I've been on just a couple. The smorgasbord style food venues bring out the looneys.

I'm not real fond of cruises. Ya' find out really fast how rude and or ill mannered some people can be. I've been on just a couple. The smorgasbord style food venues bring out the looneys.

I am with you on that. And I get pretty bored after a couple days. My wife is the one who loves it. No cooking or cleaning for a week. It is a vacation for her.

I would go volunteer to work in the engine room if they would let me. I would even do some electrical PM'S on the ship. Anything but sit in a lounge chair with the rest of the old codgers.

I really hate that, you go on vacation to relax and enjoy some down time and still have to deal with ********! For the life of me I can't understand what goes through these people's head, how can anyone think that behavior does anybody any good including themselves? I hope they **** on his next hot dog!

So Im in a bar stuffing a huge ribeye in my face. Also on the plate was some crispy hash browns with ketchup on them. I drag the ribeye through the juice from the steak and some ketchup. A dude at another table said you just ruined that ribeye the that ketchup, my head said ignore the idiot and enjoy my ketchup steak. Well out of my mouth comes says the asshole with the steak covered in A1. Man his buddies laughed.
Sometimes they just need to be called out.

"...I try to make things idiot proof, problem is they keep making better idiots!!"
These stories only strentghen the "NO CRUISE" for me!! Did enough "Cruises" from 1984-1988, US Navy submarine. ROAD TRIP!!

Auto Transport Service
Back