• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You never know what you'll find..

Lets Roll

Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
I started un-taping a harness that was questionable. I guess at least they used the glue type splices. There was 14 splices . I can only figure they upgraded to electronic ignition and newer alt etc..And they were stoned

DSC00819.JPG
DSC00820.JPG
DSC00818.JPG

wow, thank god you look at it. can only think of problems later

I repaired my radio today on a 2005 Magnum. The radio power wire that feeds from the rear fuse block all the way to the dash was corroded thru. It was in the middle of a taped harness. Not rubbed thru. Insulation must have been nicked when the harness was built. Took a while to find.
Doug

I just ran into a similar issue with my Coronet, every single wire in my engine harness had at least one splice in it, some had more than 3. The icing on the cake was that they were all repaired by twisting the wires together and covering them with at least 6 feet of sticky electrical tape! Amazing the car ran, charged or did anything except burn to the ground. At least yours was done in a semi-conscious manner.

Funny too because when I bought it, I asked the guy if the wiring was butchered. He said no, it was all fine. Note to self...

well i hear that more connectors the better it will run lol. i haven't even look at mine but i can only think of the nightmare that is waiting for me.

It has always amazed me the blotch jobs done to install an after market radio or anything after market.

Auto Transport Service
Back