• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You Think Your Car Is Fast???

Ross's statements right up front of this thread are the ones that hit the nail on the head. Don't go all tree-huggin' bunny-lovin' if you're not willing to talk about the whole scheme: where do the batteries come from? How is the raw material processed? Where does the raw material come from? When you plug it in, doesn't that increase energy usage on the grid from fossil fuel plants? What happens to the batteries once they've outlived their usage? This idiot can brag all he wants to, but just like most tree-huggers he only points out the facts he wants to talk about and then conveniently looks the other way about the front end and back end of getting to the point where he wants to be. Confront a hybrid owner with some of these questions and watch the look on their faces: their either indignant that you even mention the fact that they're actually adding to the problem and not offsetting it, or it's a look of total ignorance because they bought into the BS of electric motors and hybrids.

Ummm.. I either prefer Po-Ta-To, Po-Ta-To, Po-Ta-To, Po-Ta-To...

Or ...Betty-Duke, Betty-Duke, Betty-Duke, Betty-Duke, Betty-Duke, Betty-Duke....

Not... ..... ...... ...... ...... ...... ..... ...... ...... "crickets"

Different Folks....Different strokes......... Skip the vanity! Am I going to brag to my neighboor about my new kick butt air compressor?....No, he really don't give a crap!

I think it's cool outside the box engineering. Did you see that holeshot? I want one.

The guy in the video is pretty indignant. Yay your car runs 11s, dont be an *** about it. I bet there were plenty of cars at the track that night that would woop *** on that lame import and then put some pump gas in it and drive it home. I bet that datsun wouldnt go 30 miles with a charge. Cordless drill anyone? Damn thing is always dead when I need it.:mad: While I am at it I think I need a gas powered cordless drill:tongueflap:
love your name

See....there's the problem. You just aren't wearing BLINDERS like the environazis that think we should all drive electric because it will fix everything.

Exactly, how much air pollution was made while charging the batteries of the car? It seems like when it comes to electric cars the electricity they use just magically comes out of the air and not from coal fired power plant or anything like that. I am all for the environment but just because the car doesn't have exhaust pipes doesn't mean it doesn't cause air pollution. It just doesn't do it in a way that can be seen directly on the car. That bike is cool, they raced it this past summer at the track I work at.

They had some electric drag racing on speed channel a few months ago the funny thing was you could see them racing but the only sound you heard was birds and grasshoppers in the background. I'am not saying my car is faster cause I know its not but if I had to make a choice between the feel and the noise factor my 67 440 belvedere uncorked headers going down the track or the stealthy no thrills boring, get up grab a burger and coke at the snack stand electric car I do belive my choice would be a no nobrainer! tourqe twisting horsepower!! Mopar!! yeah baby! Besides could you ever had imagine Sox&Martin with a electric car?! NOT!! NOT A CHANCE!!

I just got done watching that pic of the electric car let me tell ya the owner is a major a@#!! "Oh I just got done setting two track records in one night"!! If he thinks he is king crap then he needs to go over to the orlando speed week for the fastest street car shoot out I can say he would without a doubt get his dinner served on a silver plater and go home with his tail between his legs!! That just totaly ruffled my feathers and then some!! I need a drink!! Anyone buying?!

I'am not saying thinking out of the box is a bad thing but it's the way the guy in the clip acted he was going up against 13 -12 sec cars so instead of just walking away and try to be humble-cool headed about it he went and took the low road road and his head swelled up the size of a beach ball. there was a part in the clip were he pulled up to the staging lanes against a muscle car and his buddy that was filming it was yelling "Oh here goes another one ready for another track record"! If I was there in the stands it would of took everything I had not "say shut up and sit down your making an a-- of yourself. Maybe I'am letting this whole thing get to me just alittle bit to much. I just belive that there is a line through out life between levle headed and being a horses butt. and after watching the clip he went over and beyond that line. I'll get off of my soap box and say thats all folks. have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Your car is faster? And a daily street driver?

My point of this thread was not to criticize the guy for doing what he did....I like it....shows thinking outside the box....wonder if you could do better....show us what you built in your garage and will it go faster than 11.5?

i got a street car for you, its a daily driver and i race it, except its on drag radials, so i try not to drive it every day to wear out the tread on them cause they are just as expensive as a new pair of slicks,but i guess what im trying to say iws that it is street legal, its a 68 dodge dart, with a 318, and it runs 10.40's n an 8th

I can take REALWINGCARENVY :tongueflap::tongueflap::tongueflap::tongueflap:

Darn it! I thought I was being clever:tongueflap:

By the way I drive the Swinger to work (12 miles) at least half the time and it runs tens.

Auto Transport Service
Back