• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your attention, please. Anyone have a supervisor that was out of it, possibly drunk on the job?

Photon440

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Reminds me of the anonymous p.a. announcer on the M*A*S*H movie that was calling for attention...

I remember one supervisor on the railroad, above most of the regular foremen, who was not always on the ball.

There was the time on the public address system he was paging someone..."Bob Brown, report to...the...uh...um.. (mumbling in the background) where the hell am I? .... 'click'.

One time he paged himself to report to his office.

Maybe, they sure made decisions and treated people like they had been drinking. Actually a few of them got hauled up on rule G so that would make it official. I remember one particular character got caught driving drunk in the company vehicle. Kept his job and the railway paid for a slave to drive him around. Amazing what can happen.

Right after I started my county job, we had a supervisor in another department that took her county vehicle "out of county" without permission (a big no-no), then got drunk while driving it, and had an at fault collision, and then lost her license. IIRC the vehicle was totaled.

Verbal reprimand was all she got, and then after a week, got promoted to a desk job complete with a 12K raise.

If that had been me, I'd have been fired on the spot regardless of my stellar contributions to the organization.

Previous to that job, there was a supervisor who never actually did anything.

Before he got promoted, he'd go out on crews and just stand there and jaw while everyone else did work.
I literally never saw him lift a finger to do work. The closest he ever came was to hand someone else a tool.

After about a year I was shocked when he got promoted.
I was technically in the running for that job despite being 10-15 years younger than almost everyone else even though I had already been promoted twice to the highest level of non-supervisory job class.

The big boss was decent and I couldn't believe he would make a mistake like that.
When I confronted him about it a while later during my review, the reason I was given was "he's got a family to support".
Really? That takes precedence over actually contributing to the business?

Of my 10 years working in a hog packing house 5 years were spent on the night shift.
It was like working in bar lol. At one point I was transfered back to day shift, as soon as my 30 day freeze was up I bid right back to nights.
Fun times :drinks:

At PG&E all of the people above me were jerks

the rest of the time I was self employed

I did do a 2+ year stint at a Co. P.U.E.C. in Sacramento
wanted to try out my mechanical engineering skills, successfully I may add

(I'm really not that good of an engineer, I just know how to keep in a budget
what works & what doesn't work, not chasing a rabbit (nonsense) all the damn time

I'd make/a better environment for people to work efficiently, get the most out of them,
kept them happy
& they made more $$, I got them all a much needed $5+ an hr raise)

I was getting burned out on construction, automotive facility management
I had my Secretary & my lead foreman running the show, for me...
Temporarly

While I dealt with the money aspect after hrs still

Now going into Sacramento building/designing
aerial trucks/lifts, cranes, digger derricks, few other aspects etc.
for mostly municipalities &/or the state...
I had to try my minor degree out a lil', still had my facility mngmt co.

The GM Eugene L. :icon_fU: of the Sacramento shop/P.E.U.C. branch,
he had many a liquid lunches, probably a qt a day type douchebag...
(they had 4 branches, Portland, LA, Seattle & Sacramento)
He was worse, a total liar douchebag embezzler, power-tripping asshole
he was/is fishing buddies with the company owner...
So it didn't matter what he did or what we said
or how he cooked the books (screwed over people for bonuses)
or what he took away from whatever dept. he wanted too,
to pack his own bonus/pockets...

He'd order **** for his personal truck
(this was back in late 1999-2001 just before 9/11)
& his $60K+ bass boats or his custom $50k Hunting Jeep,
my guys built etc.
& make my dept. pay for it/or absorb the costs,
or some phoney invoice
$10's of thousands of dollars every quarter,
billed to a different dept.
or a different customer/s, for his personal ****
or have his stuff worked on,
Billed in the service dept. section of the shop
(not my side, diff. mngr) always ended up 'free of charge/charge to him'
because;
then he'd bill it to an unsuspecting customer's account...
That, they never knew...

Until I rated him out to the owner, exposed his antics to everyone
& then "they/he decided he wanted to cut my pay" for rating him out, punish me
they kept him in the same position, with no punishment or firing...
fucken' disgusting white-collar crimes BS

I left after making them over $2 million in profit
in the 'new build dept'. 2 years in a row, they never profited even $1 million ever
for the whole damn shop service & new build, over 25+ years, until I ran the dept.

after;
I talked to the owner, the owner told him what I said & did
he called me in the office over the PA
We had a blowout argument (LOUD) everyone in the shops,
they all heard it...

(I was told they all stopped work to listen, everyone clapped when
I walked back into the shop, to pack up my tools & personal ****
)

I made sure they did, he acted like he was gonna do something
I got right in his face, told him to try, I'm going to beat his ***
(big guy, he thought he was tough, he used it as a way to control people,
I wasn't having any of it, I called him out, fucken' pussy, melted in his chair
)
& I hoped he would I was pissed, like nobody's business, fuming mad
I yelled to the ladies in the office, cut me my last check...
Right to that M-Fer, it's the last you're gonna see of me...

they sold the business shortly after I left

pisses me off still

Wall of text - Holy wall of text Batman, Budnicks is reminiscing again.jpg

Last edited:
Never, it would be grounds for immediate termination. After hours, I’ve got jacked up with my boss more times than I can count…

I work in the entertainment industry(civic theatre ), and I've seen people who couldn't walk in a straight line (all the time ) It is just part of the industry

At PG&E all of the people above me were jerks

the rest of the time I was self employed

I did do a 2+ year stint at a Co. P.U.E.C. in Sacramento
wanted to try out my mechanical engineering skills, successfully I may add

(I'm really not that good of an engineer, I just know how to keep in a budget
what works & what doesn't work, not chasing a rabbit (nonsense) all the damn time

I'd make/a better environment for people to work efficiently, get the most out of them,
kept them happy
& they made more $$, I got them all a much needed $5+ an hr raise)

I was getting burned out on construction, automotive facility management
I had my Secretary & my lead foreman running the show, for me...
Temporarly

While I dealt with the money aspect after hrs still

Now going into Sacramento building/designing
aerial trucks/lifts, cranes, digger derricks, few other aspects etc.
for mostly municipalities &/or the state...
I had to try my minor degree out a lil', still had my facility mngmt co.

The GM Eugene L. :icon_fU: of the Sacramento shop/P.E.U.C. branch
(they had 4 branches, Portland, LA, Seattle & Sacramento)
He was a total liar douchebag embezzler, power-tripping asshole
he was/is fishing buddies with the company owner...
So it didn't matter what he did or what we said
or how he cooked the books (screwed over people for bonuses)
or what he took away from whatever dept. he wanted too,
to pack his own bonus/pockets...

He'd order **** for his personal truck
(this was back in late 1999-2001 just before 9/11)
& his $60K+ bass boats or his custom $50k Hunting Jeep,
my guys built etc.
& make my dept. pay for it/or absorb the costs,
or some phoney invoice
$10's of thousands of dollars every quarter,
billed to a different dept.
or a different customer/s, for his personal ****
or have his stuff worked on,
Billed in the service dept. section of the shop
(not my side, diff. mngr) always ended up 'free of charge/charge to him'
because;
then he'd bill it to an unsuspecting customer's account...
That, they never knew...

Until I rated him out to the owner, exposed his antics to everyone
& then "they/he decided he wanted to cut my pay" for rating him out, punish me
they kept him in the same position, with no punishment or firing...
fucken' disgusting white-collar crimes BS

I left after making them over $2 million in profit
in the 'new build dept'. 2 years in a row, they never profited even $1 million ever
for the whole damn shop service & new build, over 25+ years, until I ran the dept.

after;
I talked to the owner, the owner told him what I said & did
he called me in the office over the PA
We had a blowout argument (LOUD) everyone in the shops,
they all heard it...

(I was told they all stopped work to listen, everyone clapped when
I walked back into the shop, to pack up my tools & personal ****
)

I made sure they did, he acted like he was gonna do something
I got right in his face, told him to try, I'm going to beat his ***
(big guy, he thought he was tough, he used it as a way to control people,
I wasn't having any of it, I called him out, fucken' pussy, melted in his chair
)
& I hoped he would I was pissed, like nobody's business, fuming mad
I yelled to the ladies in the office, cut me my last check...
Right to that M-Fer, it's the last you're gonna see of me...

they sold the business shortly after I left

pisses me off still

View attachment 1593150
Those people are still out there, gender doesn’t matter.

Budnicks I hate to see how long that all brewed ! Hats off to ya for putting the record straight. Elubb I like your boss he is my kinda boss!

Not in the organization I worked for. But I remember one construction project I was assigned to early in my career, the contractors quality control manager constantly reeked of alcohol to the point I had to keep my distance. He was worthless anyway. But he seemed to be immune to any action by the general contractor.

The guy that "trained" me at the county IT shop-

Drank coffee and BS'd from 7:00 am until about 7:45.
Started the county van around 7:45, put the AC on full blast (no matter the time of year) and came back in to BS some more.
At first, I'd go sit in the van, but after the first couple days it was clear I'd freeze to death.
Then we'd sit in the van, in the parking lot for about 15 minutes while he went over his work orders.
Then around 8:15, we'd arrive at his breakfast restaurant location, and leave the van running with the AC on while we were inside.
Union approved "15 minute" break.
About 9:30, we go to a site and do a work order.....maybe.
Sometimes, instead of that, we'd go to one of his side jobs, and I'd sit nervously in the clearly marked, running, county van.
Sometimes, we'd go to Radio Shack, or Computer City, usually to buy parts for his side jobs.
About 11:00, we'd go to lunch- 30 minutes per union agreement, again leaving the van running in the parking lot.
Sometime around 12:30 or when ever he got bored sitting at the restaurant, we'd go do another work order.....maybe.
...or go do a side job, or to another store, or both...or maybe he'd take me to do one of my work orders.
Then around 2:00, we'd go get gas, no matter how much was in the tank.
At 2:30, we'd head back to the shop, where he's BS some more until our 3:30 quit time, and I'd have to tell the boss why I only got one work order done.

I've never felt scared to be "at work" like that.

Couldn't get disassociated from that guy fast enough.

After two weeks, on my first day on my own, I got 8 work orders done.

WTF would you have that guy train someone, and WTF wouldn't you...IDK...fix that problem?

Last edited:
Drunk on power, not liquor. I worked at Chrysler and as I've said before, I've seen it all and could write a book. The only problem, everyone would think it was fiction. This is the short version, He's the man that hired me and it took me over two years to catch him and get him walked to the gate and gone. He was the superintendent of maintenance and verbally beat on everyone. I watched him bring supervisors to tears for fun. They were afraid of losing their jobs and ended up taking it. The last straw was when I was talking to him and he was listening, but was watching my supervisor through the window and he knew me, but did it anyway. He called him over and looked at me and smiled, while he made up **** to beat on him, in front of me.

I became a free sprite with no one really being my boss, but he said I was to report directly to him. I was his go to guy to make him look good, with jobs, gifts and special projects, I was a furniture maker and could do no wrong. I built picture frames for Lee Iacocca, conference tables for plant managers, down to stereo systems in small desktop consoles for MANY plant managers, using the car stereos from the cars in the plants they worked at and a power supply converter. I had my mind made up, he needed to go after he was buying deck loads and charging them off to me and sending them to friends to put on a show, like, look at me. He thought I'd just write them off and look the other way. When the plants finance director started asking me, with him knowing it wasn't me and knew it was him, the plan was for me to give him enough rope to hang himself. He was buying like a drunken sailor thinking I was just eating the cost, two months later I had him by the balls and after 25 years he was walked to the door. The last thing I was asked, was, what I thought they should do to him. He received no criminal prosecution, his 25 year pension and a ride to the gate by my supervisor, that he beat on just short of daily, as a gift for him, from me. Justice served and I became a hero to many and feared by the few, who got in line after that. Believe it or not, that's the short version. I've had a very colorful life and have had many good friends and a great time watching and taking care of the underdog from afar, worked for me. I'm no angel, but I'm fair and that's the way I liked it.

Chapter one, fact or fiction, FACT........................................... I was given the honor of three of my old plant managers coming to Fenton Missouri and shaking my hand on my last day, a lowly old carpenter in a car factory no less. Be right, do right and then, you get treated right. The life of the man's undercover right hand man...

Auto Transport Service
Back