• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

your first car/truck?

JacobEXE

Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
what was your first vehicle? give me some details on them so i can picture it.

my first was a 72' gmc Carryall (Suburban) 3door, 3/4ton, tow package, 4x4, it had the optional rear A/c, and a 350. made the mistake of selling it for alot less then it was worth :(
tell me about yours.

First car was a 1975 Dodge Dart Red with that big swooping stripe that went over the hood down the C pillar and to the front of the car. It had a 360 with headers, intake, and carb. Also glass packs! Crager S/S which were painted white. bench seat with crushed red velvet seat covers!

Mike

sounds like you had a pretty badass car. lots of good memories?
First car was a 1975 Dodge Dart Red with that big swooping stripe that went over the hood down the C pillar and to the front of the car. It had a 360 with headers, intake, and carb. Also glass packs! Crager S/S which were painted white. bench seat with crushed red velvet seat covers!

Mike

1983...71 Cuda I got for $600...318 2bbl when I got it but it was a 340 car with power windows, rocker gills, trunk rack, fog lamps, air ...car was white with a black tail light panel...but was purple in 71...by 86 it was gone. In 88 I got a real nice 70 340 4sp cuda white.

Jacob, oh yes! I had a blast with that car. I sold it when I picked up my first 72 road runner. Unfortunately, a good friend fell asleep at the whell coming home from work and rolled it. It was a great car, the girls loved it too!

Mike

this is what the suburban looked like only it had the gmc front clip images.jpg

Scan65.jpg in 1980 I bought this 71 Cuda, 340 4 speed for $1000.00. I added dual quads and drove it daily for 3 yrs. before trading up to a 68 Shelby GT350 that needed restoration.

I bought a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 with 8116 miles in 1985.It was wrecked in Dec 1969 and was parked until I found it in 1985.My Uncle and I restored it.I sold the car about 6 years ago.

My first car was a hand-me-down from my parents: 1970 Vega station wagon. Had to carry a case of oil around with me. The first car I bought was a 1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Wish I still had it.

67 Triumph Spitfire and a 73 340 Rallye Charger at the same time.

Oh and Marla, you GO girl! lol

I had a sweet 66 Galaxie 500 convertible. Awesome pic Marla, I think I went to school with a gal that could have been your sister!

Bought a 1955 buick special rivera 4 d HT when I was 14 (in 1982)...for $25.

It had been used as a parts car for a 56, and was missing some hard to find items like the fuel pump and master cyl.

I did get the 267 (?) nailhead running, and drove it to school a couple of times in 85 using the washer bottle as a gravity fuel tank and vise grips on the parking brake release!!

I saved the hubcaps, oil bath air cleaner and the radio delete plate, and just recently sold them...for $25!

68 Charger R/T in 1974 for $350 near perfect car, from a hot divorced neighbor lady...

Oh man, I'm sure to get some "crap" on this one....1969 El Camino SS. My dad let me get it cause he could use it as a truck. He used it a few times to haul stuff to the dump and thought it was better for a "kid" to have the camino instead of the 1969 RR 383 4spd. As time has gone by, I asked him about that decision, his reply, "I didn't worry so much about you in the el camino cause it was slower than the rr, and I wouldn't need a snow shovel to scrape you off the road"!

In hindsight, he was probably right!

In 1976 mom bought a 74 Dart 4 door slant 6. I inherited the 66 Polara 4 door. That summer I worked part time at a used car lot. The owner had a 2 door 66 Polara with a bad motor and trans stashed at his parents farm. Worked out a deal and it wasn't long the motor and tranny vacated the 4 door and the 2 door was on the road.

Nice Marla!

My first car was a 1979 Plymouth Arrow GT.
I learned to drive on my dad's 1970 Buick Riviera with a 455 under the hood.

Auto Transport Service
Back