• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your mpg? And mine

My 72 Charger has a 340. It gets 10 mpg. My daily driver is a 97 camry that gets 35 city 40 highway.

The Waygun is not too far off from what my 2006 300C does.
Just did a return trip in the Hemi C a total 1,037.068 miles,burned 38.92 US gallons,so the actual MPG is 26.65 MPG.
That's with 4 people,and luggage in a 4,000 +lb car.
Gotta love the MDS feature to save gas,and also love the 340 HP for passing especially on the two lane blacktop secondary highways.
I think the waygun can get the equal amount of MPG as my modern day hi-tech daily driver simply by dicipline my driving habits and with more finer tuning and not carry all the unnecessary crap I tend to lug around in the waygun.
Swapping in 2.94 or 2.76 gears can achieve that,but at the expense of city MPG.The highway gear will force me to run in 2nd gear in city driving with my tall tires.

Bottom line is...
It is a reality-and is possible to make a 318 get 25 MPG or more.

69 RR 575-600HP 10city/12-15highway MPG 60MPH 4spd, 4.10 Gear, & 28" tire.
02 Z06 Corvette 405HP 17-19city/32MPG 65MPH/27MPG 75-80MPH 6spd & 3.42 Gear.

12 -13 mpg ...

73 Satellite with a 318 .. 28,000 original miles..
I get about 12.98 MPG :eek:

All stock, except for the fatter dual exhaust pipes. :icon_fU:

Should I be getting more MPGs ??

Mike..

67 Coronet....Infinite/0 it doesnt move...:eusa_think:

04 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi Ram..14.5 mpg mixed, 17-18 hwy under 65.. 11 mixed Towing 5000+ at 70

03 Nissan Altima 5 speed 2.5 4 cyl....26 mpg mixed

02 Dodge Dakota 4.7 4x4 Auto....15 mixed/18 hwy

09 Mazda 5 2.3 4 cyl....35 mpg hwy, 20's city

96 Honda Civic 1.6 4 cyl 5 speed....30 city 42 hwy

93 Dakota 4x4 3.9 v6 auto......12 city 17 hwy (yeah the ram is better)

99 Yamaha FZR600R...45-50 mpg

07 Honda CBR600RR....45 mpg

No I dont still own all of these but have at some point.

1983 Dodge 400 2.2L carbureted,auto trans.
24 MPG city driving when delivering pizza with it.
Part throttle or full throttle--still goes the same speed!! LOL!!
Dodge400003.jpg

Dodge400002.jpg

Its nice to know the mpg of all the old cars, but at the same time why do we care what our old B-Body's get? We didn't build them for mpg, we built them to have fun. And we don't need to go driving them every day. That's why I have a camry too. Efficient, modern, and probably the most reliable car I own.

Its nice to know the mpg of all the old cars, but at the same time why do we care what our old B-Body's get? We didn't build them for mpg, we built them to have fun. And we don't need to go driving them every day. That's why I have a camry too. Efficient, modern, and probably the most reliable car I own.

I have to say I am building my coronet with mpg's in mind. I want to be able to drive it whenever I feel like not just to a car show and back because the 8 mpg is too crazy. Hence why I didn't pick a big block or even carb'd small block.

Yep, I'm concerned with mileage too.

My 73 is now a backup vehicle in case we need to have one of the others serviced (like the two day, $900 timing belt last week), and is the only running car I have (the PT is the Wife's) that has a back seat.

I want at least one classic that I'm not afraid to drive, wheather that be due to condition, handling, power, braking, value, economy, or anything else.

I've got two big block projects, and one of them surely will fill the bill for a "hot rod".

It will be interesting to see what my 66 gets with the 87 swirl head roller motor and lock up trans (in a somewhat lighter car).

I bought new plugs for the Satellite, and I noticed it smells a tad rich last time I drove it.

I'd love to at least squeeze past the 15 mark in town for that one.

Actually my car is 95% stock. So I am driving it how the factory built it lol. And it is actually my daily driver so mpg is important. I am actually hoping to beef up the 318 that came with it and still hopefully maintain 20 mpg.

my satellite 318 , 340 heads , automatic,
21 mpg by long distance..:icon_fU:
city consum- no idea ,,

After adjusting the idle down to 650 in drive, and backing off the fast/choke idle cam that was set to 2400 (!), the last 2/3 of a tank went through at 13.5 MPG. That's +1.5 for those keeping score.

I put new plugs in- Autolite 66 copper and gapped them at 35- from memory.
I pulled out...Autolite 66 Platinum gapped at 30. They were nice and dry light brown.
Which way do you go on the gap for better MPG?
I did look it up in my 1975 Motor's Manual, and it said 35.

I'll see what this does in another 1/2-3/4 tank.

Next up is leaning up the idle mixture.

Auto Transport Service
Back