• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts please: 1967 GTX on BAT

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for a B body. The 1969 hemi GTX I asked about a couple weeks ago for sale at Hemmings went for more than I was prepared to pay.

There is a nice 1967 GTX for sale on BAT. It had previously sold in June 2019 for $26,750 plus the BAT fee.

I AM bidding on this one. Thoughts?

Thanks.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-plymouth-gtx-13/

1967_plymouth_gtx_GTX-3.jpg

Last edited:
Saw that earlier today. I love '66-'67 B-bodies, and a black-on-black car is a tough thing to pass up. If I had the coin, I'd be giving this one very serious consideration.

Realistically it should bring about 40K. I think it sold cheap on the previous auction. The owner is just flipping for a profit, he probably didn't intend that his bid would win. Unless there is something wrong that I don't see, bid away.

Have you looked into how shipping is gonna work.. and if so please share! BTW, you're currently outbid.... :(

Have you looked into how shipping is gonna work.. and if so please share! BTW, you're currently outbid.... :(

I can definitely have it commercially shipped. That isn't a problem. I was toying with the idea of having the car stored there and then picking it up in person, covid and border situation dependent.

Realistically it should bring about 40K. I think it sold cheap on the previous auction. The owner is just flipping for a profit, he probably didn't intend that his bid would win. Unless there is something wrong that I don't see, bid away.

The auction says that the 78 year old guy who owns it is freeing up garage space for his new main squeeze (grade 8 sweetheart). The guy in the driving video looks a bit like me, only older!

It looks like a pretty good car to me Jerry. You are the resident expert on these cars. Do you have a thought about value? Thanks.

My thoughts are, look at it in person or have someone do it. Otherwise it's a gamble no matter how nice it looks in the photos.

Good thing it isn’t an early Bronco, any Porsche 911 whatever, or a late 70’s Trans Am. Because they have doubled in price since 2019.

Oh... and be prepared to read comments about how great it is and how much more it is worth than the current bid. By people with no skin in the game. :D

I didn't read the whole ad, but looked at the pictures. I see it's been changed to a modern AC compressor, and the radio has been converted and upgraded speakers. I think they said some recent exhaust work.
Number one how long has he owned it. You mentioned a previous BAT auction. Either something is wrong or he didn't want it to start with. My guess would be the latter. You wanted my opinion, I feel that it's a 40-45K car and it's a good buy at anything less provided it's mechanically sound and the pictures are accurate. If it were mine I would ask 48K or more and work from there on the actual price.
I will go back and look at the ad some more and if my opinion changes, I will let you know.

If his reserve is $45k. I think it will be a RNM.

Color change, aftermarket AC compressor, could use some under hood detailing. But gorgeous looking car in black on black. Looks like he has done about all that can be done on the exterior and interior trim and components. Even the seat backs look pretty nice. I agree with Jerry - probably worth $40k but it’s gorgeous and if two or more take a liking to it, it might rack the price up.

It looks nice and complete. I would want to know how old the paint job is.

If you are interested the car was originally green with a black vinyl top. Color change will affect value for some buyers and may affect future resale value.

If you look at the photo of the bottom of the drivers rear quarter the flange looks much wider than it should be.

If you look at the inside trunk photos of the right quarter panel the spray on sound deadening looks original on top half and resprayed on the bottom half. Indicating prior repairs.

Do it, i have the same (almost) car, black '67 satellite with those wheels, it turns heads like nothing else on the road. I still get the feels when i come out to the parking lot and see my car. That's it to me... the 67 sat/belv/gtx is the pinnacle of mopar.

Pictures like these two show nothing. Couldn't they turn on a droplight?
1967_plymouth_gtx_GTX-8-Jan-2022-17-scaled.jpg

1635452790bb9ff9093GTX-Under-Photos-46-scaled.jpg

Spray painted brake lines?
1635302242331bbGTX-Under-Photos-4-scaled.jpg

If you look at the photo of the bottom of the drivers rear quarter the flange looks much wider than it should be.

If you look at the inside trunk photos of the right quarter panel the spray on sound deadening looks original on top half and resprayed on the bottom half. Indicating prior repairs.

Agreed, there's been some work there. The lack of good quality detail pictures is concerning. If I was me, I personally wouldn't bid on it without seeing it in person first.

1635302123ccf8a567d7df8d16baGTX-Under-Photos-2-scaled.jpg

I can definitely have it commercially shipped. That isn't a problem. I was toying with the idea of having the car stored there and then picking it up in person, covid and border situation dependent.

I have 2 sets of the Rare 1 year only Cast Iron exhaust manifolds IF it does not have them

Auto Transport Service
Back