• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts please: 1967 GTX on BAT

My opinion is worth exactly what it costs you... but I would advise looking at what photos you have - including the better ones from the previous auction - VERY closely. Not saying its not a good ol car, but the more I look, the less I like... certainly not a 40-45 car imnsho. Nice driver that could stand some tidying. YMMV.
[and FWIW, I have purchased two cars thru BaT over the past 7 or 8 years; I got lucky on both of them, as both were either exactly as described (the latest one) or close enough to not grumble much. Havent always been so fortunate - one long distance purchase 11 years ago ended up in court. I won, but it cost me 4 years of no fun car while we slogged thru...]

It looks like a pretty good body and paint job. It is easy For a black car to show up flaws, but this one looks straight down the flanks. As previous mentioned, it has had lower rear quarter work, as evidenced by looking at the inside the trunk pictures. The car appears to be a factory undercoat car, with evidence of original spray under car and hood silencer mat. As far as color change and vinyl top removal, I do not think it hurts price very much, as long as it is done in a factory available color. I generally do not like vinyl tops on muscle cars (just my personal preference). Although I am a '67 R/T guy, I have always thought The GTX got a much richer looking interior. I am in Ontario too, and my R/T is currently appraised at $50,000 Can. + 13 % taxes. My car has also gone through a color change (from Turbine Bronze to Daffodil Yellow) and vinyl top removal. I think if you can get it for under $40,000US, you will be OK. Although the GTX and R/T were made in comparable numbers, It appears that more GTX's have survived. They also seem to be more popular as well.

IMG_3215.jpg

Auction just ended. $59,500. Add the 5% for BAT and that makes $62,475. That is (in my opinion) crazy money for the car. I was good for $40k.

You should just call up Ray Dupuis and ask if he wants to sell his.

I have to edit my last post... doubled since 2019. It’s not that **** is worth so much more. The dollar is worth less than half since the “Big Plandemic Reset”. :p

You should just call up Ray Dupuis and ask if he wants to sell his.

I doubt if Ray is in selling mode. When I first met him it was 1981. He had the car then. 40 years later and I assume he still owns it.

I have to edit my last post... doubled since 2019. It’s not that **** is worth so much more. The dollar is worth less than half since the “Big Plandemic Reset”. :p

My opinion is that both the purchase and the sale were outliers statistically speaking (too low a purchase and too high a sale).

My opinion is that both the purchase and the sale were outliers statistically speaking (too low a purchase and too high a sale).

Idk.., I’m seeing it everywhere. Certain vintage guitars have doubled in selling price in the last year, and I’ve heard the same with watches and guns and other stuff. The last time I saw old things jump like this was 2006. And it wasn’t this drastic. But If people think things are worth double what they were just a short time ago, who am I to argue.:rolleyes:

Are we talking about the red ragtop?

The green '67 Hemi GTX: here's a crappy photo from 1980. The GTX is third from the right. That's the front of my Superbird bottom right. And the Hemi Satellite that I owned (bought shortly after this meet - NHOA Region 9 (Canada) spring meet May 1980 in Sauble Beach, ON) is second from the right. I do not know if Ray still owns the GTX. He also owned the black Coronet that is in the middle.

Hemi Cars - Front Shot - Sauble Beach 1980.jpg

Last edited:
The 66-67 are getting more love these days. Is it because 68-70 is dragging them up with them? Probably. There doesn't seem to be any end insight? I personally am warming up more to the 66-67 style. I think the classic car crowd is as well. If prices continues to march north? There are no big loser deals. But of course all bubbles eventually pop?

I dunno. I'd like to buy another Mopar but it just isn't happening. They've dropped in half before and they will again, most likely fairly soon. As long as banks lend people money to buy frivolous things they don't need this will happen.

I dunno. I'd like to buy another Mopar but it just isn't happening. They've dropped in half before and they will again, most likely fairly soon. As long as banks lend people money to buy frivolous things they don't need this will happen.
In half? When? 2009-2011 would be the only real target. But if I remember right? Prices just platued? Housing sure took a beating. But at that time? They had nowhere to go but down.

The green '67 Hemi GTX: here's a crappy photo from 1980. The GTX is third from the right. That's the front of my Superbird bottom right. And the Hemi Satellite that I owned (bought shortly after this meet - NHOA Region 9 (Canada) spring meet May 1980 in Sauble Beach, ON) is second from the right. I do not know if Ray still owns it. He also owned the black Coronet that is in the middle.

View attachment 1226017
One of four Hemi 1966 Coronet 4-door sedans when it was still in Canada, second from left.

The green '67 Hemi GTX: here's a crappy photo from 1980. The GTX is third from the right. That's the front of my Superbird bottom right. And the Hemi Satellite that I owned (bought shortly after this meet - NHOA Region 9 (Canada) spring meet May 1980 in Sauble Beach, ON) is second from the right. I do not know if Ray still owns it. He also owned the black Coronet that is in the middle.

View attachment 1226017
Is red Charger third from left, FBBO member mrhemi ?

One of four Hemi 1966 Coronet 4-door sedans when it was still in Canada, second from left.

I've got a bunch of photos of that car. It was offered to me for $6500 some time in the '80's. Can't rightly remember when.

66 Coronet 4 Door - Front Shot - Sauble Beach 1980.jpg

66 Coronet 4 Door - Engine Shot -Sauble Beach 1980.jpg

66 Coronet 4 Door - Three Quarter Shot - Sauble Beach 1980.jpg

Is red Charger third from left, FBBO member mrhemi ?

Yep. When the photo was taken it belonged to Drew from Hamilton (as I recall). Not too long after the photo was taken Mike who is a member here bought the car.

I remember when the Superbird John Cherrey restored was $14k. I just didn't have anywhere to keep it!

Auto Transport Service
Back