• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You're opinion on OEM or aftermarket valve cover

real0803

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Everything on my Cordoba is OG so it make sense to get the OEM one but I do like this new black one made by Proform. Or should I stick with the used OEM chrome ? All you enthusiast drop you're opinion .

Screenshot_20240413_172200_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_172252_eBay.jpg

The real answer is: whatever you like. Consider foremost the quality of the construction before the eye appeal. Me ? I'd polish up those chrome babies !

I don't think those are original equipment. But they might be Mopar performance covers from the 80s.

You should be able to find some steel original covers perhaps not correct for the year but they don't vary much. Just about any covers from 66 up would work.

Valve covers are not factory original.

I don't think those are original equipment. But they might be Mopar performance covers from the 80s.

You should be able to find some steel original covers perhaps not correct for the year but they don't vary much. Just about any covers from 66 up would work.
Maybe Direct Connection parts. I still have a set from the 70's

I still have the 1967s on my 67 R/T and never crush the gaskets.

They have the original heater hose loop too.

I have a set of cutout blue steel and clips to adjust lash with.

Generally sticking with a theme throughout is the most appealing to me. If everything else is OEM, keep everything OEM. If there are minor upgrades, make other matching minor upgrades. If it's radical, make it all radical, etc.

I agree with the Mopar chromies

Auto Transport Service
Back