• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Roadrunner

S.I. Coronet

Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
Im not new but but have been out of the Mopar scene for awhile, but done some trading and ended up with this car, I didn't want to get it because I knew what would happen and it did, I LIKE IT!
Now I want to spend money on it.

318 with 340"X" heads, nice cam, headers, aluminum intake. brand new 600 CFM Holley.
Unusual paint and interior combo, white paint, red stripe, blue interior, 3 speed manual on the floor.

100_4333.jpg

hi nice looking 74 RR :headbang:post up so more photos

S.I. Coronet, you have a beautiful looking car there! I remember years ago seeing a '74 road runner in a mopar magazine and it was that exact colour. I said to myself that if I ever picked up a '73 or '74 it would be white with a red stripe. I just looks classy to me.

three quarter dr.jpgair cleaner 11.22.13.jpg100_4314.jpg
I also have a near perfect broadcast sheet and a folder with some paper work that gives a few hints as to where its been the last several years. The odometer says 75650 and the numbers are all strait across on the top but whether right or not??? I see alot of these cars with that wing on them is that added or factory?

Looks pretty clean, nothing that will take too much effort or money. What are your plans? As in, you want to spend money, but how much? It may be a three speed, but at least you already have the pedals, linkage and floor hump so a four speed will be all bolt in. Would you like a built up 360, or stroker, or switch to a big block, or a new generation hemi?

I like those spoilers, but I'm pretty sure it's from a 1970 B Body. Or a Mustang. In 1971 the b-body spoiler changed to look like this:

gull wing 1971.jpg

welcome to FBBO

Im going to change the rotted out headers for some new ones, I want new rims and tires, 15X8s and 15X6s plus white letter tires.
Future plans are the new mirrors, and exhaust tips.
I have decoded the fender tag and build sheet.
It came with new carpet and headliner in a couple of boxes and it needs the inserts redone in the seats and a new dash or cover.

congrats...did it come factory with the blue interior?
Im going to change the rotted out headers for some new ones, I want new rims and tires, 15X8s and 15X6s plus white letter tires.
Future plans are the new mirrors, and exhaust tips.
I have decoded the fender tag and build sheet.
It came with new carpet and headliner in a couple of boxes and it needs the inserts redone in the seats and a new dash or cover.

yes I decoded the fender tag: EW1 eggshell white exterior color, D6B6 Trim- luxury, Vinyl bucket seats, blue, V8R transverse stripes, red.
V9R hood stripe, red which isn't on there right now.

Welcome that is a sweet 74! The 318 with a 3 speed manual must have been kinda common, I have a buddy that has a 74 Cuda with a 318 and 3 speed manual.

It could have been an automatic and that would have been alright, but I guess its all there to change over to a 4 speed if I wanted but im not ever going to think its a speed demon or have anything to prove so as long as the 3 speed hold on i'll just leave it and try to stay close to a matching car as I can afford. The chrome sport racing mirrors and the exhaust tip prices ridiculous!

I have been doing some thinking about this car.
I put my 68 442 up for sale and ended up getting this car and really, lots of cash so I did it.
I was just going to flip this car fast as I could because I knew the more I messed with it the more I would want to keep it.
I was going to get something else anyway so this car could be it just since it was here already.
My favorite Mopar is a 71 Roadrunner and would trade for one in less condition (interior or paint work) if given the chance but these cars are one of my favorites also having rode around in a couple during high school so I knew all about them anyway.
Are these (73/4) cars respected or shunned somewhat by the earlier year owners as second picks?
I looked up the chrome racing mirrors and exhaust tips and WHEW!!!! they cost a pretty penny so I don't want to start buying the high $$$ stuff for a car not worth it?
Not saying I'll keep it forever but if I keep it awhile I'll definitely put some money into it like always.
I come from a Mopar family and they knew the big names back in the day down at Beech bend raceway in Kentucky.

3 speed on floor is cool...not many people have a 3 speed...so see you got some street cred already...Marla

1974 Roadrunner:
Couldn't wait any longer and ordered some after market wheels, Summit Racing® Warrior R/T Polished Wheels. 15X8 with 4.5 BS and 15X7s with 4 BS.
I'll run WLT 275/60s on the back and 225/70s on the front.
I'll have them in a few days for a pic on the car! And while I was at it I ordered new headers and a Sun tach.
new wheels.JPG

1974 Roadrunner:
Couldn't wait any longer and ordered some after market wheels, Summit Racing® Warrior R/T Polished Wheels. 15X8 with 4.5 BS and 15X7s with 4 BS.
I'll run WLT 275/60s on the back and 225/70s on the front.
I'll have them in a few days for a pic on the car! And while I was at it I ordered new headers and a Sun tach.
View attachment 154694

Let us know how they look and fit, im wanting to run the same tire/wheel size combo

Yes I will definitely post some pics and if anything is close I'll measure and post numbers also.
Im pretty sure it will all fit.

Well I ordered my wheels Sunday evening and they aren't here yet!
First it was a problem at UPS, then they didn't get loaded on the truck, then it was the "late truck" then snow storm stopped all UPS deliveries yesterday!

FINALLY! The rims arrived! UPS and any excuse to leave something on the dock for 4 days..................
Anyway, 15X7, 225/7015, "0" offset and 4 inch backspace fit fine on the front.
15X8, 275/60/15, "0" offset with 4.5 backspacing put the rim tire combo completely in the middle of the rear wheelwell.
1.25 inches between the tire and leaf spring.
First time I have messed with "0" offset which means on these rims anyway means center is strait up and down.
so that means on the back rim was the center counted as the 3.5 sticking out the front so total rim toward outside lip is 3 inches.
So basicly these rims are the same rim with 1 inch added on the back rim to make it an 8 inch rim.
If this all makes sense?.
Also they raised my car in the front 1,5 inches and the back 2 inches and thats more my style.

front new wheels.jpgnew wheels side 2.jpg

It's interesting that the angled front, that was present in the '68/'69 models came back, in a sens in '73/74

Auto Transport Service
Back