• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 max wedge i.d.stamp decode

I have not done anything but gather parts as of now. I bought the second car I sent you pictures of and the block I got from you ended up being correct date code for that car. Outside of a correct auto transmission, all the hard to find parts are gathered for that one so it will probably come together first.

i have never seen the stage 2 heads ....casting 2463209...not even a picture.....do they exist?

I have a set of stage II heads that are factory but they carry the 286 casting no. I too have never seen the 2463209 casting (maybe it doesn't exist)

It's the same with the stage II crossram manifold . The casting number is 2402728 but I have never seen this number in a manifold.

I have seen untouched 2402726 with the larger primaries for the 3705's ,which would be understandable as they would have had a large number of crossram's left from the 413 & 426 engines and just opened up the bores.Although the part # changed . (No.2465214)

I have a set of stage II heads that are factory but they carry the 286 casting no. I too have never seen the 2463209 casting (maybe it doesn't exist)
after further reading that's what it "looks like" that Chrysler just used #286 heads and machined the combustion chambers to unshroud the intakes and called it stage 2's..

Auto Transport Service
Back