• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Looking good! I need to get mine finished before my carpet gets here. I just hosed my door innards down with upon raptor liner but I bet the mat works better.

IMG95201702049517254846395HDR.jpg

Got the new clips on the wiper linkage

IMG952017020495180356944.jpg
IMG952017020495184912474.jpg
IMG952017020495184956563.jpg
IMG952017020495185518904.jpg
So I dug the dashes out that I have. I bought a AC dash so I could use it for measurements to cut the AC vents into my dash. Note that my dog is watching me closely. I removed the vin tag rivites from the back side. I'll save them and glue them back in. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay stupid money for 2 rivets. I may see if I can file some down to replicate the flower shape of the OEM's. I was hoping the color under the tag would have been better so I could get an idea of the dash color.

IMG952017020495181154598.jpg

Note all the circled holes I need to weld shut from over the years of gauges and other stuff added to the bottom of the dash.

Maybe if I fill them with carbon fiber.......

If you need to keep everything original you can buy dash rivits. Because my car is not totally original it isn't worth $29.00 to buy 2 rivits. I am going to use regular pop rivits that run about .02 cents each. May be I can carefully grind the star shape in it like you mentioned.

I used Semi Gloss Black and Satin Clear, first coats were wet and then the last 2 coats were "dry" (about a foot away, like a dusting of paint).

Derwud do you templates for the AC holes?

IMG952017020595103640614.jpg

When installing my under dash insulation I had a tough time getting the plastic push rivets in the holes, maybe from lizzardskin & paint. so I ended up grinding down the first diameter to slide through then the ribs slid right through. Notice the REM fastener on the left was soft and bent like a nail. The other fastener I had was harder & brittle and the head broke off when pushing in.

I bought a roller to roll the mat yesterday so I'll be doing that tonight. Between the 3 layers of Lizzard Skin and Dyno mat it should be pretty quite & insulated. I'll install the factory insulation over the top of this. The Hot Rod Power tour is coming through my state in June so I gotta get after it if I'm going to make that!

Would like to head down for that leg of Power Tour.
Car looks great!

Has anyone used braided line for trans lines. I bought OEM one and trashed them trying to clear headers & other things. Or maybe a line that is a little more pliable. I tried brake line but it wanted to kink with my bender.

Do you have a bender like this one? I've never had any troubles kinking with that style

tubingbender.jpg

Has anyone used braided line for trans lines. I bought OEM one and trashed them trying to clear headers & other things. Or maybe a line that is a little more pliable. I tried brake line but it wanted to kink with my bender.

I have braided on my dart, your suppose to use the lined with teflon TFE for the trans lines. Although I haven't got around to doing mine that way yet, I currently have normal AN lines. The trans fluid is suppose to break down the rubber eventually though.

'68 Hemi ' and others-- my old neoprene that I changed out last summer were getting pretty hard, but that was after 20+yrs.(??)

Thanks guys. I'm getting a quote on Teflon lined SS braided.

IMG_20170212_123136049.jpg

So as if I didn't have enough sound deadener, I have some rubber deadener from REM I put down also. I think I'll go ahead and buy some more dyne mat or something for under the seats.

Auto Transport Service
Back