• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Let me know next time your this way!

So I got this company name for rivets to replace my rocker buttons and thumbwheel on instrument panel. Hansonrivet.com I'll let you know what I find out. I think they were semi tubular rivets for the rockers & solid for the thumb wheel. If anyone else is looking for these let me know. I got the chrome pieces from Mega Parts.

So I got this company name for rivets to replace my rocker buttons and thumbwheel on instrument panel. Hansonrivet.com I'll let you know what I find out. I think they were semi tubular rivets for the rockers & solid for the thumb wheel. If anyone else is looking for these let me know. I got the chrome pieces from Mega Parts.
Be sure to test the function of our toggles in the switch panel before installing it....The repo's can be tight to switch and require some fitment....

So I took some reference pictures of the red A12 RR at the car show. Looks like I'm going to have to do some clearance work on the air cleaner hood. Notice the extra braces on the A12 hood compared to my hood. Also notice the rear brace at the cowl goes clear across, I'm going to be doing some fiberglass work, but I'll wait till I get the fenders back on for that.

31.png 34.png

Last edited:
32.png
33.png
Also notice my air cleaner sits higher,

I looked at that but, the lip of the base I think is still to tall. I put the Schumacher motor mounts in and they looked tall at the time. I may go back and put solid motor mounts back in to lower it a bit. I'm sure the trick flow alum heads and phenolic spacers make for at least .5 of an inch.
It doesn't look like the aftermarket hood I have was made to seal to the hood. I'm sure I can make it work, will just take some more time. Good thing I didn't try to put the stock hood on!
This will have to wait till later as right now I'm concentrating on getting the dash and wiring done so I take it to the interior guy.
Justin did your switches have roll pins or rivets on the rocker pivot? not sure I can tell from the picture. Tommy told me he prefers roll pins, as rivets can be to tight or damage the chrome rockers.

I looked at that but, the lip of the base I think is still to tall. I put the Schumacher motor mounts in and they looked tall at the time. I may go back and put solid motor mounts back in to lower it a bit. I'm sure the trick flow alum heads and phenolic spacers make for at least .5 of an inch.
It doesn't look like the aftermarket hood I have was made to seal to the hood. I'm sure I can make it work, will just take some more time. Good thing I didn't try to put the stock hood on!
This will have to wait till later as right now I'm concentrating on getting the dash and wiring done so I take it to the interior guy.
Justin did your switches have roll pins or rivets on the rocker pivot? not sure I can tell from the picture. Tommy told me he prefers roll pins, as rivets can be to tight or damage the chrome rockers.
I didn't look that close but Tommy did all of them....if that's what he uses that is what they have. If you send him all your switches, send your panel as well. He will test for everything....

He usually has a quick turnaround...

I checked all my switches on the bench and they checked good. Just need to install the switches and paint the lettering.
Do you know what the extra space was used for that is not opened up on the right side? Seems I've seen the factory used it for something but can't remember what. Was thinking of using that one for the Overdrive on off. Using another rocker.

Did they always use the small label plate to lay over the panel and use the screw hole to the left to attach it?
Can't seem to find a clear picture of one.

35.jpg

Best picture I could find Justin
The third from right side.

That is correct....So a vert switch would have a plate like up, down, off....and a defroster would have on, off etc....So two plates would have been available.....

So if you happen across a on off plate ley me know! I will be on the hunt for one.

Here is a defogger switch plate on a 68 ralleye dash. I know its different but i would guess the lettering would be the same for a sweep dash. Might need to do a custom job...

20170913_102304.jpg

Subject: Re: 1969 Plym GTX rocker switch rivets

dimmer has 2 lengths.long one first 1.035 long

.136 thick on body

.305 head width

.040 thick head

.100 length for squezzed end... not included in length [peen over end]

.485 length for short one

.148 thick on body

.305 head width

.040 thick head

.100 squezzed end,,also not included in length [peen over end]

headlight .813 long

.085 thick on body

.181 head width

.038 thick head

.100 squezzed end not included in length ]peen over end]

round head or truss head is correct in aluminum for these rivets

wiper roll pin .091 thick and .625 long .you can get them at hardware store but you will have to cut them with a dremel.

all rivets are give or take depending on what they offer. You will not find an exact match. I am pretty close in size for all of it

I got this info from Tommy @ Parts-Hound. He does switches and had good info for me. I bought the rockers at Mega parts but they came without rivets. Tommy said he likes to use roll pins as they are les likely to damage the plastic rockers.

Auto Transport Service
Back