• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Shifting that beast from the column?? Suppose you need the little lady close as possible while cruzing main drag on Friday night.

G that's why I have the buddy seat! Plus it keeps one hand free :rofl:

I installed the max wedge governor in the tranny so it should shift @ 5700-5900 at WOT. I wanted to keep the column shift so a reverse pattern was kinda out of the question. Plus I want it so anyone can get in and go with out a 15 minute how to, to drive it.

I installed the max wedge governor in the tranny so it should shift @ 5700-5900 at WOT. I wanted to keep the column shift so a reverse pattern was kinda out of the question. Plus I want it so anyone can get in and go with out a 15 minute how to, to drive it.
Nah, reverse pattern worked fine on my column.

It wouldn't for the average Joe that didn't know. They would be cruising around in 1st.

So for giggles I went to slide the OEM coupler on the Boregson gearbox, guess what, doesn't fit. Box is .735-16 spline, stock coupler is .625. So I started looking at Jegs as I really didn't want to spend 225$ for the Boregson coupler. Jegs has a spline coupler 505-5221 8" long $11.99. I'll buy it and cut what I need and weld it to my coupler. They also had a Boregson weld on coupler for 19$ 153-312500.

So did a little work on the dash. I used the old AC dash I have for a template. I had to replace a couple of the loom rackets that were hacked. Also finished up the AC vent holes.
53.png

d13.png
50.png
dash2.jpg

Also got the door strikers installed, these are from Tony's Parts. They come with shims and hardware, I give them a B+.
doors.jpg

I like it that my car takes 15 minutes of pre flight training.
It's good to know that your car will be user friendly. I'll know this when I drive it. :thumbsup:

You got it G! Hopefully this year!
I hopefully will have it so anyone can hop in and go. Like you said, no riding the brake & gas at a stop light, shutting off in gear, ect. Although I may have to warn any driver about kicking in the passing gear, driver is responsible for all traffic violations.

Either I saw your post before you added the description to the picture or before I had my morning coffee... lol. I need to buy these. My originals are worn pretty bad.
Mine were sad looking and just couldn't bring myself to put them on the car. It was about the same to replate as buy so I bought new.

Kid there is a custom plater in my area that zinc plates, but it is more of a dull finish. The ones above are from Tony's.

I need some better ones or get mine replated, they look kinda crapy since I just painted them silver. How much were they from Tonys?

Auto Transport Service
Back