• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Here Cook?

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm retired and have taken to cooking two days a week to give her a break. So far only one meal wasn't right. I find recipes on line and shop for what I'm making. There is much to learn so she stands by and cues me in on what and when to do things. She don't cook vegetarian but I try to do a meal once a week. Pretty much everything she cooks are quick and easy, but I like to follow recipes that are using different spices and vegetables that give flavor to the dish.

I cook better than the wife, with about 1/10 the mess.......it's a sore subject

I cook. I've had people over and a couple of the wives have said, "you cook better than I do". I don't do anything fancy, but I've done chicken, seafood, vegetable dishes, and of course meat. Omelets, well... I love making omelets and most people like them. I've done the cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster and people love them. And seafood... people love my seafood dishes. Sadly, I'm single, and I live alone, so while nobody really complains now, I still don't know if I am doing a good job. haha

I cook but it's all basic stuff nothing extravagant I'm learning more here and there

nope. dont cook. barbeque on the other hand....

Ash Trail '15 (303).JPG
Perfect Ribeye-2.jpg

Trying to teach myself how to make home made bread. Not the bread machine or fancy mixer kind either. Sometimes they come out a little dry so my wife makes soup to dip the bread in. Love home made bread toasted with fresh farm eggs from my chickens.

Trying to teach myself how to make home made bread. Not the bread machine or fancy mixer kind either. Sometimes they come out a little dry so my wife makes soup to dip the bread in. Love home made bread toasted with fresh farm eggs from my chickens.

use a drop of animal fat in the mixing stage. and dont over mix, the oven does most of the work :D

I do most of the cooking in my house. The wife is a good cook, but I just have a natural gift for cooking. I dont do fancy cuisine, but using different cooking styles & seasoning can "amp up" anything. We rarely go out to restaurants anymore because we can make it better ourselves and a lot healthier.

I cook better than the wife, with about 1/10 the mess.......it's a sore subject

Funny, similar at my house. I’ll say this, my wife is a better cook than me in all but Italian.

1/10th the mess! After I cook a meal I always bring her in to see the clean kitchen.

Being a proper southern boy, I had mama teach me how to make two things before I moved out of the house almost 40 years ago:
1. biscuits and gravy
2. soup beans and cornbread
I figured any fella could survive on his own if he could cook those two properly. :)

I work from home a lot these days, so...
I still get a kick out of cooking a few times a week; I probably do about half the supper cooking and I dig doing all manner of Chinese stir fry especially. No cheating - I use both the "real" soys and such from China and have a big ol' wok like they use in restaurants.
I do most of the breakfasts on the weekends, too. Yep, cleaning behind myself as I go, short order cook style. :)

I've learned a proper way to do steak as well (in a proper pan on the stove), after using nothing but a grill for decades. You get that right, that sucker isn't dry anymore and melts in your freakin' mouth.

My wife is from a big Italian family up north, so she's got all that style covered. She mostly hates veggies, too, so I'm on my own with corn and taters and such.

Seems like everyone loves my steaks but that's about it. Since I'm more or less single, I cook to suit me but really do not like cooking that much.

I like to bake and routinely make spaghetti and meatloaf and crockpot pot roast.

Auto Transport Service
Back