• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Here Cook?

After 42 years we have determined our choices in foods are as about as opposite as our personalities.
Put plain and simple I can cook anything I want to eat and then some will she eat it maybe and maybe not.
We eat out more than we should but then again you have to be home to prepair a meal and that is something that does not happen often.

I did a sesame chicken in the crock pot, we will try it tomorrow. I find cooking interesting and although I'm not a great cook, I'm learning. My wife also cooks and when the kids were young and i was working all the time she cooked every night. After dinner our routine was she gave the kids there bath and ready for bed and i did dishes and cleaned up. When it was just my daughter we'd clean up and wash the baby in the kitchen sink. Those were happy happy days. Now i cook more basically because she cant physically Its a struggle to find things she can eat. Red meat has become a problem for her. I come from family were the men never cooked and the woman were all great cooks. So times have changed.

Cooking, cleaning house and doing laundry. Learn how while you have help or pay someone to do it for you late. Your choice. Applies to all ages.

After 42 years we have determined our choices in foods are as about as opposite as our personalities.
Put plain and simple I can cook anything I want to eat and then some will she eat it maybe and maybe not.
We eat out more than we should but then again you have to be home to prepair a meal and that is something that does not happen often.
That would be tough. Fortunately, my wife eats 95% of what I cook. She doesn't like spicey, so on the times I make that, I also make another main she likes.

tumblr_pnbnskEse61s43xxk_540.jpg

What, No Meat Balls

Do I cook, unfortunately yes. Wife and I switch off, we both have trouble deciding what to cook. Her eating leftovers is hit and miss me no problem.

Last edited:
I do most of the cooking. My wife can cook just fine, she had cooking school and worked in restaurants. But I like to do the home cooking most of the time. Whether it's chili, beef wellington, pies or cinnamon buns, I do a bit of everything. Been using the InstantPot pressure cooker a lot lately.

I like to cook when I have time... Most of what I do takes time however, a good portion of the day anyway, so I really don't get to cook as often as I'd like...

When I was a teen my mom always want me to live single and on my own before I get married so... she teache me everything a man should know to keep himself this mean:
1.- Cooking
2.- Do the laundry
3.- Clean my house
4.- Do my bedroom
and all the little stuff a man should know about when he is single, am not ashamed to tell you this guys, this include the proper use of birth control methods, I lived on my own 11 years and yes in time I learn to cook a lot of stuff not only in the microwave I make a superb omelette, pasta, a delicious Lemmon pie, chilli, and more stuff:D

In a lot of cases, left overs taste better!

In a lot of cases, left overs taste better!
yep I'm cooking for me & Pops
it's hard to just make enough for 2
I always cook more than we need
& I like leftovers, great for lunches
& also it makes for a couple of easy cooking nights a week too

I love the crock pot, do it about 4 times a month
I love soups & pastas, especially in the colder months
I'm a broiling/BBQ-ing SOB
Chicken & dumplings, Chili with beans, Spaghetti/Pastas,
mushroom & red meat sauce/gravy's, Clam chowders (NE & Manhattan),
cheese, onion, vegetables &/or potato soups,
an old family soup oysters, mushroom,potatoes & onions
gotta' mix it up
with some fish, shrimp, shell fish,chicken, turkey, beef, pork,
game hens, duck (not a big fan but dad like it), pheasant (in season)
any types of ribs, more so pork yummmmm !!!
always a fruit &/or vegetable, artichokes, asparagus (small chutes are way better)

Use a lot of garlic, celery, onions (red & yellow) & peppers (sweet & bell)
with cooking, always have some prepped & ready
I love broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, carrots & all squash, snap peas
my dad doesn't, he likes them raw, but not cooked :realcrazy:
so I end up cooking him, green beans or corn for him

always some jazzed up Jellow, coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salads,
3 bean salad, all on hand
Mash potatoes, broiled spiced potato wedges, baked taters, barley, rice,
biscuits, sweet cornbread etc.

we eat pretty damn well for 2 old farts/bachelors :praying:

Last edited:
Just did some crock pot chicken soup. Just threw in a bunch of veggies etc and walked away. Found a package of chicken in the freezer that was about to stress out so decided to use it before it got worse. Turned out good! May grill the rest of it tomorrow as I couldn't get it all in the pot.

Auto Transport Service
Back