• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chip Foose.....why?

I see so many fabricators building cars that could use the talents of a good designer. I fell bad when someone puts $100K in a car that is all out of proportion. It not easy to graduate fro the Design Center in LA let alone be accepted.

Yeah I've seen the Belvedere Troy built at a couple shows. It is awesome. :thumbsup:

IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG

Mario must respectfully disagree, Don Sonny.

She's a real NASCAR-type homage. By a NASCAR guy. Think Lee Petty. She's a bad-*** car.

Indeed. And ya gotta love the name...ForPly. lol

View attachment 501655 View attachment 501656

NASCAR race cars have very little in common with street cars. Almost every detail of a NASCAR car is handmade. The bodies are built from flat sheet metal, the engines are assembled from a bare block and the frame is constructed from steel tubing.....so why use a '64?....

:D:(:eek::rolleyes::realcrazy::poke: :soapbox::mob::mad::BangHead::BangHead::steering:
back in the day
they looked like this...
5c18a082bd20ff5ce74137abdcb571dd--nascar-cars-nascar-racing.jpg

NASCAR race cars have very little in common with street cars. Almost every detail of a NASCAR car is handmade. The bodies are built from flat sheet metal, the engines are assembled from a bare block and the frame is constructed from steel tubing.....so why use a '64?....

:D:(:eek::rolleyes::realcrazy::poke: :soapbox::mob::mad::BangHead::BangHead::steering:
back in the day
they looked like this...
View attachment 501696

Sonny is 100% correct, new NASCARS dont have stock bits..but that's exactly Mario's point...the ForPly still has a 64 stock-ish Ma Mopar body and NASCAR underpinnings. It's a beeeaaaauuutiful combo!

and IMHO Ray Evernham does not want to disgrace Ma. :D

Sonny is 100% correct, new NASCARS dont have stock bits..but that's exactly Mario's point...the ForPly still has a 64 stock-ish Ma Mopar body and NASCAR underpinnings. It's a beeeaaaauuutiful combo!

and IMHO Ray Evernham does not want to disgrace Ma. :D
Sonny can be a real a$$hole somtimes...and if hotrod mag liked it...well, it must be ok...I cannot force my taste on others...
my apologies Mar...

This is still Mario's favorite Belvedere though...

She's got gorgeous flanks! Sorry, no offense Sonny :usflag:

Sonny's Car.jpg

Sonny can be a real a$$hole somtimes...and if hotrod mag liked it...well, it must be ok...I cannot force my taste on others...
my apologies Mar...

No, no, Sonny. Please dont apologize! AND YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT AN ASSHOLE!!

Your beautiful Belvedere was created by Ma Mopar and then Ray built a 64 NASemCAR. Im sayin I love em both!!

Im just glad Evernham picked the MOST dominant Make on the track back then...PLYMOUTH!!!

Im a Plymouth Man through and through!!

06-04-13.jpg

Johnny's '48 Plymouth (20).JPG

DSC07363.JPG

Last edited:
That Evernham Plymouth is a beautiful car. I love how it looks.

Maybe it's just me, but Chip's cars remind me of those custom OCC motorcycles of the 90's and early 2000's. Dang tbey looked great at the time but now, kinda dated.

He worked so hard to create a recognizable brand, but it's always the same Foose Fade, tucked bumpers, big custom wheels and trim job on all of them.

Just my opinion, but in 15 years Foose cars will be as dated as those choppers.

I use to watch those OCC and such shows. But the shows became increasingly about the soap operas and less about the mechanical aspects and bikes themselves.

Soured me to all reality build shows, even the ones about cars nowadays. There's still too much squabbling and **** talking and purse swinging to waste my life watching.

not my thing either Sonny...saw it on ebay for a quarter million bucks I think.
From a lover of 64 Plymouths, that is by far the ugliest paint job I've ever seen on one. Especially the satin finish. The rest is fine. I really liked the Foose 64 Plymouth. Nice tasteful colors, and a respect for the original design. I just wished they did something cooler with the engine.

Maybe it's just me, but Chip's cars remind me of those custom OCC motorcycles of the 90's and early 2000's. Dang tbey looked great at the time but now, kinda dated.

He worked so hard to create a recognizable brand, but it's always the same Foose Fade, tucked bumpers, big custom wheels and trim job on all of them.

Just my opinion, but in 15 years Foose cars will be as dated as those choppers.

Just like shag carpeting and those color coded kitchen appliances in harvest gold and avocado green.

I must say for a custom fabricator Dave Kindig and his team are my favorite. The Copper Caddy was over the top!

Auto Transport Service
Back